Space All-Weather Blanket

On a recent backpacking trip, I woke up freezing in…

On a recent backpacking trip, I woke up freezing in my hammock.  My backside was fine, as I used a seeping pad. However, I was cold everywhere else.

I was shivering uncontrollably, and I quickly took the All-Weather Blanket down (I had strung it up as a rain fly) and wrapped myself in it as I stood beside my hammock. Within a few minutes, I had stopped shivering.

I then took the blanket, and lined my hammock with it. I got back in, and enjoyed a nice, warm sleep for the remainder of the night.

These things are tough, versatile, and certainly worth the price increase from the typical emergency space blanket. You can use them as a ground cloth as well. They're easy to clean, and they pack very flat. This is one of those items I plan to have with me on every trip I take.

If you've owned or used a Space All-Weather Blanket, please share your experience.