Space All-Weather Blanket

On a recent backpacking trip, I woke up freezing in…

On a recent backpacking trip, I woke up freezing in my hammock.  My backside was fine, as I used a seeping pad. However, I was cold everywhere else.

I was shivering uncontrollably, and I quickly took the All-Weather Blanket down (I had strung it up as a rain fly) and wrapped myself in it as I stood beside my hammock. Within a few minutes, I had stopped shivering.

I then took the blanket, and lined my hammock with it. I got back in, and enjoyed a nice, warm sleep for the remainder of the night.

These things are tough, versatile, and certainly worth the price increase from the typical emergency space blanket. You can use them as a ground cloth as well. They're easy to clean, and they pack very flat. This is one of those items I plan to have with me on every trip I take.

Pound for pound warmer than wool, this amazingly tough laminate of fiber scrim and aluminized plastic reflects back up to 80% of body heat. Use as shelter, prevent hypothermia, ground cover and many more. Grommets in all corners.

- CampSaver.com

This super-lightweight sheet radiates 80% of your body heat back to you.

For all the reasons and all the seasons in the outdoors, the SpaceAll Weather Blanket from MPI is THE choice for an emergency layer that protects against all that Mother Nature can dish out.

- Mountain Gear

The lightweight superinsulator for warmth, comfort, and protection. Captures and retains up to 90% of body heat.

- EMS

All-new larger blanket reflects and retains over 80% of radiated body heat to keep you warm even in sub-freezing temperatures. It is waterproof, soil resistent, compact, and windproof. Unique patented 4-ply laminated structure. Each blanket is fully edge bound and grommeted at all corners. Each dozen packed in high impact display unit.

- Massey's Outfitters