These are my first foray into a wind boxer vs. a wind…

Summary

These are my first foray into a wind boxer vs. a wind brief. Works great under loose pants or tights.

Pros

• Form fitting
  • Wide wind panel
  • Comfortable waist

Cons

• They ride up a bit, but all boxers do that.

If you run in the winter, and let's face it, you do, or you wouldn't be reading this, and you are a man, you need wind protection upfront.  I have worn wind briefs for as many years as I have been running outside.

Lately, I have noticed uncomfortable chafing (not that there is another kind) from the briefs I was wearing under tights and loose fit running pants. A boxer seemed to be the solution.  I got these recently and have done a run of 9 miles and one of 6 miles in these in temps of 15°F with a strong wind.  The wind protection did its job perfectly.  The shorts fit like a bike short without the chamois, so very snug at the legs, but not on the order of compression shorts.  They have been perfect with no chafing.

They do ride up a bit, but not more than other boxers.

Moisture management isn't ideal, but balancing heat/sweat and cold is always a challenge.

If you are looking for a wind boxer, this is a great choice.

Congrats to you for running outside in the winter.  You are awesome.