Stohlquist aSEA

First of all I must start out by saying I got an…

First of all I must start out by saying I got an incredible deal when I bought the aSEA, so I didn't shop around and try many others.

I am very happy with the fit and feel. The high cut back is a must when kayaking, and this life vest works perfectly when paddling in my Rip. At first it seemed a little bulky in the front, but I quickly became used to the feeling of wearing it. Having pockets is a plus as well since I am often fly fishing from my kayak.

I know others that have purchased the aSEA and I have yet to hear a complaint, so buy with the knowledge that you will not regret the purchase.

Visit Stohlquist's aSEA page.

Stohlquist aSEA Kayak Lifejacket - The aSEA kayak PFD is designed specifically for boaters looking for a soft form-fitting vest with added ventilation and the performance of a high cut back. The lower half of the vest's back is cool mesh, providing air circulation and fitting comfortably above the higher seat backs found in many of todays recreational and touring boats. The upper half provides flotation and an accessory lash tab for a strobe. Extra-wide armholes and open sides offer great comfort and a full range of motion. Easy click front entry buckles make for simple entry and exit. Stohlquist's innovative Cinch harness and four additional points of adjustment at the sides and shoulders mean that the aSea fits almost everyone. Large dual bellows pocket offer a D-ring for keys, and expand to fit a beverage can! Reflective tape front and back adds safety in low-visibility conditions.

- Outdoorplay

Great vest for recreational or sit-on-top kayaks. Accomodates high seat backs found in most of todays rec-tour boats. Mesh on lower half of back.Type 3 PFD.Extra wide armholesFabric: 200 denier oxford liner / 500 denier cordura shell#M reflective on front and backOpen sides for ventilationThree easy-pull side adjustmentsNeoprene padded back lower waistband1 " webbing belt, dual forward pulls for a trim and low profile fitHigh waistline cutBellows pocket with "D" ring for keys, with drainage Cinch harnessHigh back rides above back restAdjustable 1 " webbing shoulder and side pulls

- Campmor

The Stohlquist aSEA Life Jacket has a high-ride waist and has a mesh lower back to keep flotation from interfering with the seats on sea kayaks. This mesh bottom on the aSEA's back keeps the flotation higher so you float upright and improves breathability. Large arm holes allow easy movement and increased ventilation for hot days on the open water. Quick-release buckles make it fast to get into and out of this comfortable Stohlquist PFD. The aSEA's two large front pockets give you a place to stash necessities like your sun screen and waterproof camera.

- Backcountry Outlet