Stoic Alpine Merino 150 Crew - Long-Sleeve

Great layering piece that does all they claim. The…

Summary

Great layering piece that does all they claim.

Pros

• Warm
  • No stink
  • Not as expnsive as other brands

The Stoic Alpine Merino Bliss 150 is hands down the best layering piece I’ve ever owned. I wanted to move away from polypro and I found a great price on these, so I thought I’d test one out.

First of all, it’s very soft—the Merino wool/synthetic blend (60% merino, 40% polypropylene) material was a real surprise. I’m not allergic to wool, but I did wonder how it would feel next to my skin. It felt awesome! I like the way it feels way better than those slinky polypro tops. Merino wool is also naturally breathable and naturally antimicrobial, which reduces the stink factor to almost nothing.

I was initially worried about the longer sleeves with thumb holes, but I have come to love this feature very much. It’s a way to add a little warmth to your hands if it’s not really cold enough to put a pair of gloves on. And the shirt is waist-length, with the back of it slightly longer.

The fit is ‘athletic’ and if you want it skin tight, I’d size one down from your usual. I got a large and usually take and XL. Even so, I have a little looseness in the sleeve area, which I like. The body of it fits more snugly on my torso, which is what I want to get that nice insulation factor.

It wicks sweat like crazy, and dries quickly. Washing it takes a little extra care, which I don’t mind if it means having it for a while. Stoic recommends using NikWax Wool Wash, which I’ve done by hand washing. You can use hand-hot water, too! Be sure NOT to use fabric softeners on this item.

I loved the first one I bought so much I bought a second. And will probably buy a couple more.

Best uses: High activity: Hiking, backpacking, running, trail running, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Alpine Merino 150 Crew - Long-Sleeve versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Alpine Merino 150 Crew - Long-Sleeve. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Stoic Women's Alpine Merino 150 Crew - Long-Sleeve, please share your experience.