Stoic Bombshell Insulated Jacket

men's
Weight 1.85 lb / 839 g
Shell Bombshell 3-ply, mechanical stretch fabric
Insulation 100 g Cirrus synthetic insulation

Good jacket for long periods in snow living if you…

Summary

Good jacket for long periods in snow living if you have layers. Be careful of possible zipper issues.

Pros

• Good fit and hood size
  • Lots of handy pockets
  • Water shedding

Cons

• Zipper issue, but could be situational or prior season coat
  • Wrist gaitors hurt after a while

After living in this coat (last seasons) for over three weeks in snow and rain, I am impressed overall with the jacket.

I did have an issue with the zipper bending outwards and eventually breaking to where it didn't zip up at all. I returned and got this season's coat; I have yet to have any issues with that since, but haven't used it has much as prior.

I like the new colors, but don't like the white Recco tag on the sleeve as it looks like you still have that metal detector thing from the store still on it. They also took away the small forearm pocket, which I really liked; this is not a big deal though.

Insulation not super thick, but worked well with layers. Hand gaiters are nice, but after a while get uncomfortable as they dig into webbing of your hand. Good fit, big hood, removable powder skirt and extended back for sitting.  I'm 5'10'' and 145# and got a medium.

Good jacket. I would recommend.

Stoic Bombshell Insulated Jacket

$329.00 (men's)

The Stoic Bombshell Insulated Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 17, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.