I like how these pants are called the Breathe, because…

Summary

I like how these pants are called the Breathe, because they do. They are warm, soft, and they are more comfortable (fit-wise) than other baselayer bottoms I have.

Pros

• breathability
  • softness
  • warm

Cons

• rolling waistband
  • not as warm as silky bottoms

The bottom cuffs are comfy and STAY put, no shimmying up your legs as you walk. The waistband is a little weird— the elastic moves around up there and rolls a little as you move, though they do protect you from plumber's crack (I have Patagonias that slip down my behind as I walk...), so I guess it's still a good waistband.

The fabric is super soft and comfortable, nice and stretchy, and they are fantastic under pants.

Stoic Breathe Composite Bottom

The Breathe Composite Bottom has been discontinued.

The Stoic Breathe Composite Bottom is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 22, 2016 at Backcountry.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review