Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves.

Summary

Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves. My favorite after years of searching.

Pros

• Good fit
  • Wool liner that keeps you warm
  • Well made

Cons

• Weird colors

I've worn these gloves for 2 very snowy and wet months on Mt. Hood. When I first got them, I thought they were a bit stiff, but they broke in nicely. The fit and comfort level are great and the wrist cinching system — though basic — locks out cold and snow.

I don't agree with other reviews that they aren't very warm. I think the wool liner, though not removable, is toasty, and they dry well after use. The other gloves I've used are usually "dryer bound" at the end of a ski session on Mt. Hood, but these dry easily by the fireplace. If it's an exceptionally cold day I will wear a thin silk or merino wool liner underneath them.

So far, they've held up well in some extreme weather conditions (driving mountain rain or snow, strong wind, etc). In fact, I like them so much I ordered a Stoic Forge Gauntlet Glove so I have 2 to alternate. I hope I like those as much.

Stoic Forge Glove

The Forge Glove has been discontinued.

The Stoic Forge Glove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 2, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review