Stoic Forge Glove

Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves.

Summary

Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves. My favorite after years of searching.

Pros

• Good fit
  • Wool liner that keeps you warm
  • Well made

Cons

• Weird colors

I've worn these gloves for 2 very snowy and wet months on Mt. Hood. When I first got them, I thought they were a bit stiff, but they broke in nicely. The fit and comfort level are great and the wrist cinching system — though basic — locks out cold and snow.

I don't agree with other reviews that they aren't very warm. I think the wool liner, though not removable, is toasty, and they dry well after use. The other gloves I've used are usually "dryer bound" at the end of a ski session on Mt. Hood, but these dry easily by the fireplace. If it's an exceptionally cold day I will wear a thin silk or merino wool liner underneath them.

So far, they've held up well in some extreme weather conditions (driving mountain rain or snow, strong wind, etc). In fact, I like them so much I ordered a Stoic Forge Gauntlet Glove so I have 2 to alternate. I hope I like those as much.

A warrior among alpine gloves, the Stoic Forge Glove fends off the elements with its versatile design, ample dexterity, high-alpine pedigree. The Forge's flexible softshell material provides unhindered freedom of movement, and its rugged goat skin palm shuns damage from skis, lifts, and wild hazards. Frigid weather proves no match for the toasty wool lining, and should truly nasty weather threaten your push beyond the gates, the rugged shell repels the elements. In-bounds or beyond the gate, the Forge provides steadfast shelter where other gloves would explode at the seams.

Stoic Forge Glove

The Forge Glove has been discontinued.

The Stoic Forge Glove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 2, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new soft shell glove/mitten, check out the best reviewed current models.