Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves.

Summary

Even with the weird, bright color, I love these gloves. My favorite after years of searching.

Pros

• Good fit
  • Wool liner that keeps you warm
  • Well made

Cons

• Weird colors

I've worn these gloves for 2 very snowy and wet months on Mt. Hood. When I first got them, I thought they were a bit stiff, but they broke in nicely. The fit and comfort level are great and the wrist cinching system — though basic — locks out cold and snow.

I don't agree with other reviews that they aren't very warm. I think the wool liner, though not removable, is toasty, and they dry well after use. The other gloves I've used are usually "dryer bound" at the end of a ski session on Mt. Hood, but these dry easily by the fireplace. If it's an exceptionally cold day I will wear a thin silk or merino wool liner underneath them.

So far, they've held up well in some extreme weather conditions (driving mountain rain or snow, strong wind, etc). In fact, I like them so much I ordered a Stoic Forge Gauntlet Glove so I have 2 to alternate. I hope I like those as much.