A tiny little light that packs a punch. For Christmas…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

A tiny little light that packs a punch.

Pros

• Small
  • Very powerful
  • Comes with case and beltclip

Cons

• Uses CR123 batteries

For Christmas last year, I asked my father-in-law for a small flashlight that was powerful. Christmas morning I was surprised to open a ProTac 1L.

It has three modes (high, strobe, low) and peaks out at 130 lumens. It's a great little flashlight I carry for my IT job every day, and on the weekends. The low mode is more than adequate for 90% of the things I use it for. The high mode is great for looking long distances (100+ feet) in the dark (aka camping).

The only real setback is the fact that is uses the CR123 batteries, which are expensive and harder to find than the traditional "AA" types. I found a 12 pack on Amazon for $20 and they have worked very well and can get over a month's use out of one battery. But it's always a good idea to keep a couple nearby for extended use.