Stubai Antislip

I am a mountain hiker and I am active all year round…

I am a mountain hiker and I am active all year round mainly in the Bavarian and Austrian Alps. Day tours only. I walk on Hanwag shoes from early spring to late autumn with the use of these Stubai crampons if necessary. I've replaced them now with Grivel Spiders. In winter I hike on Raichle All Degree's with Grivel G12 crampons. Excellent combination.

Now to these Stubai crampons:

Being adjustable in width is a nice feature and the basic traction functionality is OK.

I hate these crampons however for their weak fastening system. There is no way you can get the straps to stay tight for more then 50 steps or so. You'll be re-tightening these things all the time. To me it makes them useless.

Looks like Stubai did not do any practical testing before releasing this product or the fastening issue would have come out immediately. I've replaced these crampons with Grivel Spiders now.

STUBAI 6PT. CRAMPON: Hardened steel Adjustable width that fits all boot sizes Strap binding Weight: 450grams Points: 6

- CampSaver.com

Stubai Antislip

The Stubai Antislip is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 18, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new crampon, check out the best reviewed current models.