SureFire G2 Nitrolon

I have purchased four of these lights now, two were…

I have purchased four of these lights now, two were gifts and two are mine. I have had the first one for nearly five years now (I think), and I have only used three sets of batteries in it.

These lights are intended for intermittent use where maximum light is needed, and they are perfect for that. They are not intended for constant long intervals of use. I purchase the surefire batteries locally by the box, because a store we have here is cheaper than online, and I own other Surfire lights. You can use photo batteries, but they are expensive.

Bottom line. If you need a rugged light that produces a spotlight type beam, but you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, then this light is perfect. It has a momentary on push button, or you can twist the end for constant on.

If you carry it in your backpack you will want to give the tail end a couple of extra turns out to prevent accidental activation. I have heard of people finding a melted flashlight in their pack

The best flashlight I will ever own- for the money.

Price Paid: $30+

The best flashlight I will ever own- for the money. Its performance is consistent with other more expensive models.

On paper the batteries don't last that long, but I have noticed that responsible use will let a set of batteries last way longer than you would think. So if one was anxious about the whole Lithium ion thing, I'd rest assured that it's not as bad as you might imagine.

The best light I have ever owned. Super bright and…

The best light I have ever owned. Super bright and super tough. Very compact. Great product, I now have two! Buy the batteries on the website...awesome price!

On the trail or at work this is by far the best light…

On the trail or at work this is by far the best light I have owned. Well worth the money.

Simply the best. Get the brighter bulb and buy the…

Simply the best.

Get the brighter bulb and buy the batteries online.

If you've owned or used a SureFire G2 Nitrolon, please share your experience.