SureFire L1 LumaMax

I've owned this light for about a year and half. It…

I've owned this light for about a year and half. It has been a constant companion on numerous hikes, camping trips, vacations, cross country trips, and as a primary light during and after hurricane Ike.

I just returned from a week long hiking/camping trip and counted on this light for everything including all the associated evening camp chores. It has survived more drops than I care to mention and has been used often during heavy rains. Battery life is great as I just replaced the original Surefire battery about 3 weeks ago after all this use.

Beam is flawless, bright and tight. It has two brightness settings depending on how far in you push the end cap button (10 and 65 lumens). It can clip to the bill of your hat in a pinch, and has a built in lanyard clip.

Simply put, this light's performance is flawless as an outdoor/survival light. If I lost it, I wouldn't consider replacement with anything else.

If you've owned or used a SureFire L1 LumaMax, please share your experience.

SureFire L1 LumaMax

The L1 LumaMax has been discontinued.

The SureFire L1 LumaMax is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 16, 2010 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.