Swiss Gear Alpine Lodge with Screenroom

Had it for two seasons. Pretty tough tent, bad wind…

Design: 1 season family dome
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: i always put it up myself
Weight: 30 lbs.

Had it for two seasons. Pretty tough tent, bad wind did break a pole once, got replacement no problem from mfg. Leaked slightly in strong rains. I thought it was a good tent.

I am a car camper. This tent is perfect for this.

Design: Three-Season with Screenroom
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: The first time is hard after that, it's a peice of cake. Much easier with 2 people setting it up though.
Weight: 34 lbs

I am a car camper. This tent is perfect for this. I was skeptical buying it at first because I couldn't find many reviews on SwissGear, but it was on super sale at Sears so I figured I'd try it out at least.

I will admit, I am very pleased with the quality and the design. The attached screen room is a huge plus, and there is more than enough room inside the tent for mattresses or I'd say about five people and their gear.

The rainfly covers quite a bit of the tent but the one downfall to this tent is that it takes about 20 min to set up with two people. I was able to set it up myself in about 35 minutes, that's a downfall. It was great in the rain, not one drop inside the tent.

Swiss Gear Alpine Lodge with Screenroom

The Swiss Gear Alpine Lodge with Screenroom is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review