Tech4o Traileader 1

I bought the watch to take with me on my adventures…

I bought the watch to take with me on my adventures in Alaska. It handled very well until about 35 degrees (oF). Near freezing it was slow and the displays strength was weak; meaning the numbers were faded and not as dark. Once in my coat where it was warm it quickly came back to full strength.

I went back to California where I swam with it and had champagne spill on it without being cleaned off. I guess it had time to get into the components and malfunction. After a a few days of not working I sent it off to Johnson Outdoors and they said "yea it's toast want a discounted one?"

No refund, no fixing it, just another excuse to get me to buy another one. It was pretty much my fault anyways but, the watch didn't hold up to the elements of everyday life.

Buy a real waterproof watch. Or don't get this one near any moisture.

The Tech4o Traileader 1 looks like a watch, works like the ultimate survival tool. The new Traileader altimeter watch packs everything you need to navigate the wildest of wild places into a compact, rugged stainless steel case - including a digital compass! Equipped with rugged ventilated polymer band. The altimeter watch and digital compass for the outdoor enthusiast.

- CampSaver.com

Looks like a watch, works like the ultimate survival tool The new TraiLeader packs everything you need to navigate the wildest of wild places into a compact,rugged stainless steel case Equipped with rugged ventilated polymer band

- SunnySports

A powerful survival tool in a simple wrist-top unit, the Silva TraiLeader 1 is a watch, altimeter, compass, weather station and speed/distance device. Watch function includes time, date, day, two alarms, 50-lap chronograph, six timers and dual time zones. Precision altimeter tracks current altitude, 24 hr. minimum/maximum altitude and total ascent/descent. Altimeter mode also features altimeter lock, altitude alarms, reference altitude, 48 hr. altitude graph and altitude difference calculator. Digital compass provides 1deg increment resolution, adjustable declination, bearing lock, reverse bearing and distortion warning. Weather mode displays current pressure, current temperature and 48 hr. pressure graph. Weather mode also features barometer lock, 24 hr. minimum/maximum temperature and pressure, pressure adjustment and weather forecaster. Accelerometer sensor tracks speed, distance, pace (minutes per mile), calories burned, steps and exercise time. Includes fully adjustable personal profile and 10-day memory. 1.5 in. display features large, easy-to-read digits and a backlight for use in the dark. Rugged, stainless-steel case protects instrument and is water resistant to 10m (33 ft.). Vented polymer band is comfortable and durable.

Tech4o Traileader 1

The Tech4o Traileader 1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 17, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new altimeter, check out the best reviewed current models.