Tecnica Shasta

In a recent survey among friends about favorite item…

Materials: leather with great vibram soles
Use: light hiking/horseback riding
Break-in Period: 0 times
Weight: 160lbs
Price Paid: $75 on sale at Campmor

In a recent survey among friends about favorite item of clothing -- this was mine. Have had my pair for several years now, they were comfortable from the first step (my feet are a little wide and wearing medium socks they were a perfect fit -- feet never cold in them either). The rubber soles have kept me upright on all kinds of slippery surfaces -- maybe that's what I like best. These offer great ankle support and I need all the support for my damaged ankle. Have been anxious about finding the next pair, these are wearing -- wish I had done a better job keeping them up.

Received the boots in the mail from ebay, so it was…

Materials: leather, vibram sole
Use: rough use in wet snow/rocks
Break-in Period: 3 days
Price Paid: $90 on ebay

Received the boots in the mail from ebay, so it was a blind buy. I ordered 1/2 size larger (9.5) to fit with thick wool socks. First, break-in period was short -- one boot fit perfectly from the beginning, but the other one took 3-4 days or 30 km walking around the town. It was stiff and hurt the ankle. After that -- no problems. TCY version is waterproof indeed, I have spent days walking in the wet, melting snow and no complaints whatsoever.

The general feel is that I give 4.5 out of 5, since these boots are well constructed, have a rubber protector on the toes, and are very comfortable when hiking in the rough terrain. I wish they were a bit more tighter -- I have rather narrow feet. That's why not clear 5. Overall, you can go to mountains for this 500km trip and these boots won't let you down.

P.S. They are made in China, but obviously under very strict control. High quality.

Gear up for hiking or backpacking with a traditional waterproof, breathable leather boot from Tecnica. Waterproof TCY lining. Simple yet effective lace-up closure system and leather collar ensure snug fit. Rubber toe rand for added protection. Vibram

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the women's version

Tecnica Shasta

The Shasta has been discontinued.

The Tecnica Shasta is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.