Tecnu Outdoor Skin Cleanser

I had this on hand because I am very allergic to poison…

I had this on hand because I am very allergic to poison ivy. I was at a friend's house fishing at his pond. As I moved around the pond I stepped into a hole and fell into a large patch of poison ivy. I immediately drove home and took a shower with the Tecnu.

To my amazement I did not break out at all afterwards even though I had a few scrapes from when I fell into the underbrush.

Use to remove the rash causing oil, urushiol (poison oak/poison ivy). Apply to dry skin for two minutes and rinse with cool water or wipe off with a cloth. When used within 2-8 hours after exposure, Tecnu can remove urushiol oil before the rash begins. Once the rash has started, it helps remove any free oil on skin allowing the natural healing process to begin.

- CampSaver.com

Effective agent for removing the poisonous, oily irritant of poison oak, ivy and sumac before and after the rash has started.

Your solution to the misery of poison oak, ivy, and sumac-Tecnu cleanses and decontaminates skin, tools, clothing, and pets by removing the invisible oil of poison oak, ivy, and sumac.

- EMS

Tecnu Outdoor Skin Cleanser removes poison oak, sumac and ivy oils that cause rash and itching. Its unique waterless cleansing formula has been proven to remove the cause of the irritating itch and spreading rash, the poison plants' oil, Urushiol. It cleans and decontaminates skin, clothing and tools by "unlocking" Urushiol. Tecnu can remove the rash before it begins. Once the rash has started, washing with Tecnu can remove any free oils on skin or clothing, thus allowing the skin's natural healing process to begin without possible recontamination. Ingredients: Deodorized mineral spirits, water, propylene glycol, octylphenoxy-polyethoxyethanol, mixed fatty acid soap and fragrance. Size: 5 in. x 1.85 in. Net wt. 4 fl. oz.

- Campmor