Teton Sports Scout 3400

Weight 4.5 lb
Capacity 3400 cu in / 55 L
Waist Belt 26 – 60 in
Torso 15 – 19.5 in

Overall a great quality pack with lots of pockets…

Summary

Overall a great quality pack with lots of pockets and loops to hook things onto. Very adjustable to conform to different torso lengths.

Pros

• Excellent material, heavy duty fabric, large zippers
  • built-in rain cover
  • Great customer service

Cons

• Small sleeping bag compartment
  • Chest strap quality

I purchased this backpack to go camping with my son's Boy Scout troop. I've been on several overnight camp outs and two backpacking trips with this bag.

I love the features that were included on an 'entry level' backpack. The included rain cover is a great extra that has come in handy. The material ('rip stop nylon') is a nice thick quality and is very durable. The zippers are large and very sturdy. The ability to custom fit to your torso size is a great benefit as well.

I like the number of pockets and pouches that are on this backpack, although the sleeping bag compartment was a bit small. I can fit a lightweight summer bag in there but when I backpacked in the winter there was no way I was getting my zero degree bag in. But, the divider inside is removable so you can open up the space and use it to store additional gear inside.

The pack fits very nicely on my short torso and would easily accommodate a younger boy or a woman. The hip belt has nice padding and seems sturdy. I would have liked to see a few pockets on the hip belt, but I am not complaining.

My last overnight backpacking trip I carried food, a tent, a sleeping bag, sleeping pad and clothes for three days without a problem.

Overall, it's a great product for the price.

Perfectly sized for youth and light backpackers, the Scout3400 has torso adjustments, aluminum stays, thickly padded straps, plenty of pockets, and a built–in rainfly.

Durable hiking pack with sturdy zippers, mesh lumbar support, padded waist and shoulder straps, and bendable aluminum stays. You won’t believe how comfortable this pack is for the money. Safety yellow rainfly stays hidden until you need it, then pulls out to protect pack and gear. Main compartment closes securely with two barrel–lock drawstrings. Gear loops hang ski poles, ice axe, or shovel. Top carry–loop makes it easy to load into car.

Visit Teton Sports's Scout 3400 page.

Teton Sports Scout 3400

The Teton Sports Scout 3400 is not available from the stores we monitor.