The North Face Apex Atlas Pant

"Wow!" was my first thought when I put these bad boys…

Price Paid: trade

"Wow!" was my first thought when I put these bad boys on! I came from wearing the Cloudveil Switchback Pant, which is more expensive and not near as well made. I never thought the Cloudveils were worth $190, but these TNF pants are worth every penny. You won't be upset with these pants!

Update: January 31, 2006

This is a follow up from a previous review I made of these pants.

Durability and fit are EXCELLENT! After months of hard use they are in great condition! No snags! I can't say that for other softshell pants I've owned.

I have had one problem with the pants though! The DWR treatment dissapeared quickly! After a few weeks of backpacking the pants would soak out in light rain and snow. I know the DWR could be much better! Luckly it's not hard to apply a better DWR to the pants that should last a good while.

J

The Apex Atlas Pant from The North Face is ready for life in the mountains.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

The Apex Atlas Pants are constructed of our lightweight; stretchy; breathable Apex Aerobic fabric;

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports refers to the men's version

Ideally suited for hiking, climbing, backpacking and any other outdoor activity that demands high mobility, The North Face Apex Atlas Pant features a stretchy soft shell Apex Aerobic fabric, the lightest, most breathable material with the best stretch of all Apex soft shell fabric formulas. The patented fabric is durable and nearly windproof, giving you plenty of abrasion resistance on the outside and a comfortable, soft-brushed interior that helps warm your legs. Unlike traditional outerwear pants with S/M/L/XL sizing, The North Face Apex Atlas Pant offers a fitted construction in a tapered performance design that fits you far better. There's even belt loops in case you shed a couple of pounds after a week or two on the trail. If you need a top with similar wind resistance properties and stretch, take a moment to click over to The North Face Apex Zip Shirt.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

The North Face Apex Atlas Pant

The Apex Atlas Pant has been discontinued.

The North Face Apex Atlas Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 9, 2007 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.