The North Face Apex Bionic Jacket

Weight 755 g / 22.3 oz
Fabric 90D 351 g / sq m (10.3 oz / sq yd) Plain Weave Polyester TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock

I couldn't decide between TNF Apex Bionic Jacket and…

I couldn't decide between TNF Apex Bionic Jacket and TNF Denali. I purchased both and the Apex won out hands down.

• Water resistant
  • Nice fit
  • Breathable

• None, so far

I just bought this jacket at the same time as I purchased the Denali and wore them both intermittently trying to decide which to keep.

The Apex won out. The Denali, although quite warm and functional, was bulky in comparison to the mid-layer Apex. I was able to wear both a lightweight Columbia fleece jacket and a base TNF shell underneath to keep me extremely warm.

The difference in price wasn't great, Apex at $148 vs. Denali at $138, but I wanted the Apex with the pink TNF embroidery on the chest and Breast Cancer logo on the sleeve, so I paid a premium of almost $30 for it. My version didn't come with the Velcro sleeves, but my arms are long, so I don't have the issue of the hang down problem so many complained about from the older versions.

Overall, I can see myself wearing this jacket out year 'round and layering beneath it, depending upon the temperature.

Welcome to Trailspace, Sonia. I hope you'll keep us posted on how the Apex continues to fare for you.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Apex Bionic Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 17 reviews for other versions of the Apex Bionic Jacket. Read all reviews »