The North Face Badlands 60

This has been a reliable and comfortable pack. Mine…

Design: top loading internal frame
Size: 60 liter
Max. Load Carried: 55 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'

This has been a reliable and comfortable pack. Mine is the 60 liter model. I've had it for a few years and I've taken it on a few trips and have probably carried more than was intended. I used this pack on my first overnight trip to the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. Got lost and ended up bushwhacking my way for about 5 miles carrying close to 55 lbs of gear. The pack never stressed of strained me.

I've purchased lighter packs and more expensive packs, but they don't seem as comfortable to me. I also appreciate the pockets for organizing gear. The outside pocket is big and deep, but the zipper goes down far enough that you can get at anything in the bottom.

Great quality comfortable bag.

The Badlands 60 is a workhorse. I find it to be a…

Design: top-loading internal w/lid pocket and front-loading sleeping bag section
Number of Pockets: 1 main area, lid storage area, full-length zip compartment, and front-load bag area
Height of Owner: 5' 11''
Price Paid: $125 (new)

The Badlands 60 is a workhorse. I find it to be a little heavy, but pretty comfortable with a full. I don't recommend the pack if you are looking for an ultralight 1 or 2 nighter but it's a well built, sturdy pack with a comfortable frame system.

Pack is very tough. It is a little heavy for its size…

Size: 4000-4600
Max. Load Carried: 65 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 8"

Pack is very tough. It is a little heavy for its size but it is bomb proof. Carries heavy loads like a champ. It can also be tied down to accomodate smaller loads. Very basic, there is not much to this pack. Straps lend for options in packing. Make sure it fits well, fits me very well, but doesn't fit some of my hiking buddies. I have wider shoulders and a smaller waist, the changable belt and shoulder straps make it possible to costomize pack.

Strong, simple and practical.

Could have more bells and wistles, water bladder pouch is in a bad place. Packing puts pressure on bladder. You have to pack it right for the cranium thing to work well. I gave it a four, never seen a pack that deserves a five.