The North Face Casaval XL

Hip Circumference 64 in / 163 cm 66 in / 168 cm
Foot Circumference 46 in / 117 cm 46 in / 117 cm
Stuffsack Size 9.5 in x 18 in / 24 cm x 46 cm 9.5 in x 18 in / 24 cm x 46 cm
Price $159.00 USD $169.00 USD

What a great bag for the bigger folks out there. I'm…

Design: mummy
Fill: Synthetic
Temperature Rating: 20 Farenheight
Weight: 4lbs

What a great bag for the bigger folks out there. I'm 6'1" and about 260 lbs. I'm a stocky guy overall and had a hard time finding a bag that would clear my shoulders. I bought the Casaval XL long version and it has plenty of room. For those who don't like the mummy style, this one has that extra room to move around a bit. The length is a bit much for me but I didn't want to chance the shorter bag at 6'4" rated height. I don't mind the extra length as it can be used to keep my feet warm with my fleece gear when it gets cold.

As far a performance, it's great. I've used it out in about 10 degree Celsius weather in Canada and it's not too warm and not too cold for me. I am going to test it out to its limits this fall when I go elk hunting.

The North Face Casaval XL

The Casaval XL has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2011 product line.

The North Face Casaval XL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 26, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.