The North Face Casaval XL

Hip Circumference 64 in / 163 cm 66 in / 168 cm
Foot Circumference 46 in / 117 cm 46 in / 117 cm
Stuffsack Size 9.5 in x 18 in / 24 cm x 46 cm 9.5 in x 18 in / 24 cm x 46 cm
Price $159.00 USD $169.00 USD

What a great bag for the bigger folks out there. I'm…

Design: mummy
Fill: Synthetic
Temperature Rating: 20 Farenheight
Weight: 4lbs

What a great bag for the bigger folks out there. I'm 6'1" and about 260 lbs. I'm a stocky guy overall and had a hard time finding a bag that would clear my shoulders. I bought the Casaval XL long version and it has plenty of room. For those who don't like the mummy style, this one has that extra room to move around a bit. The length is a bit much for me but I didn't want to chance the shorter bag at 6'4" rated height. I don't mind the extra length as it can be used to keep my feet warm with my fleece gear when it gets cold.

As far a performance, it's great. I've used it out in about 10 degree Celsius weather in Canada and it's not too warm and not too cold for me. I am going to test it out to its limits this fall when I go elk hunting.

Visit The North Face's Casaval XL page.

For three-season outdoor fun, the Casaval XL sleeping bag from The North Face combines compressible synthetic warmth with lightweight functionality. Climashield CL synthetic insulation traps your body heat and eliminates cold spots, then packs easily when time comes to hit the trail again.

- Mountain Gear

Key Features of the North Face Casaval XL 20F Oversized Synthetic Sleeping BagShoulder-level zip pocketErgonomic draft collarDifferentiated drawcordsMummy shaped design with sculpted hoodNylon mesh storage sackThe North Face Casaval XL 20F Oversized Synthetic Sleeping BagThe North Face Casaval XL 20F Oversized Synthetic Sleeping Bag allows you to sleep like a baby, even in the cold outdoors! With a sculpted hood and mummy-shaped body, the product is designed to keep you insulated and warm, even in extremely low temperatures. A shoulder-level zip pocket allows for easy access to important items stored within your reach. Thanks to the differentiated drawcords, you can adjust the fit to sleep snugly within.� An ergonomic draft collar is designed to keep your face and neck regions away from the wind and to let them remain warm and comfortable. A nylon mesh storage sack is provided to tackle the problem of storage and transport.� The North Face Casaval XL 20F Oversized Synthetic Sleeping Bag is the ideal product for a good night's sleep out in the open!

- SunnySports

An oversized, twenty-degree synthetic bag for three-season backpacking and camping.

- Altrec Outdoors

Durable for three-season camping or backpacking, this oversized synthetic 20 F bag features a sculpted hood and a shoulder-level zip pocket. Differentiated drawcords at opening let you cinch from the cool weather. Nylon mesh storage sack and stuff included.

- The North Face

The North Face Casaval XL

The Casaval XL has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2011 product line.

The North Face Casaval XL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 26, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.