The North Face Cat Walk

My daughter and I, both near the upper limit of 5'…

Design: mummy
Fill: polarguard delta
Temperature Rating: 20
Weight: 2lbs, 11oz

My daughter and I, both near the upper limit of 5' 5", felt we could barely get into this bag! Her feet (a women's nine and a half) did not have enough room, either.

I wanted a women's bag for the added insulation in critical heat loss areas because I am a cold sleeper, but the width (supposed to be bigger around the hips) was way too small to make this bag practical! My 52" tall, 60 pound son found it just right for him, though! We will probably keep it for him and just tuck the bottom under his feet, since he has a foot of extra length, there.

Since the long (I bought a regular) has the same overall dimensions in the width, this bag is better suited to a small, thin woman with a fairly straight build.

I bought the Cat Walk to serve as my primary fall/spring…

Design: mummy
Temperature Rating: +20

I bought the Cat Walk to serve as my primary fall/spring sleeping bag and it has served me well in this capacity. My 5 foot 10 inch body fits nicely into the long version of this bag and I have not had any problems with the bag feeling too tight. While I have not yet had a chance to test its 20 degree rating, it has kept me warm with the temp down to the mid 30s. Sure a down bag would be lighter and compress smaller but for the price, the Cat Walk is hard to beat.

If you've owned or used The North Face Cat Walk, please share your experience.

The North Face Cat Walk

The Cat Walk has been discontinued.

The North Face Cat Walk is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.