The North Face Chrysalis

I've owned this bag for nine years. I've backpacked…

Design: Mummy, with box foot
Fill: 600 fill down
Temperature Rating: 25 degrees
Weight: 2 lbs, 11 oz
Price Paid: $130 - $185

I've owned this bag for nine years. I've backpacked in the Cascades, Sierra and Rockies, over 100 nights. It has 90% of its loft and has never been washed. I totaled an old REI down bag washing it once.

I sleep with lightweight polypro to keep dirt out. Except for the face area, this works.

I have slept down to 15 degrees and been comfortable. I sleep warm. I usually sleep with it as a comforter, and at about freezing zip it up. This is an excellent bag for three seasons. You can't go wrong with this one...

This is the best damn all around sleeping bag on the…

Design: rect
Fill: down
Temperature Rating: 25 degrees
Weight: light
Price Paid: about $175

This is the best damn all around sleeping bag on the planet. It is bombproof, very light, extremely stuffable, warm enough, versatle, bombproof wide in the shoulders. Mine is about 13 years old and I used it for everything from a camp bag, to car blanket to comforter in the winter or a couch blanket, Unlike polarfleece, it alsways seemed like it just came our of the box. However, my former girlfriend snagged it when we broke up. That was cold, low down, dirty and nasty.

This is an excellent bag for spring to fall backpacking.

Design: Semi Rectangular - long
Fill: 550 fill down
Temperature Rating: 25F
Weight: 2lbs 10oz

This is an excellent bag for spring to fall backpacking. It stuffs small and lofts quickly. You can shake the down fill from top to bottom for temperature control. It is rated accurately and is a top quality bag. The semi rectangular design gives my feet plenty of room. There is no hood and you don't really need one in this range. I've had it three years and have no complaints.

I've used this bag for over 4 years and it hasn't…

Design: Semi Rectangular
Fill: 550 fill goose down
Temperature Rating: 25/40
Weight: 2 lbs 9 oz.
Price Paid: $205 US

I've used this bag for over 4 years and it hasn't given me any problems.

This bag is a real delight to use...i.e. it is very light weight...has plenty or leg room, and and fairly warm (just don't use this bag for any winter hikes).

I've used this bag for backpacking and it's as convenient as it comes...weight...warmth...and roominess.

I would definetly get a liner for this bad i.e. a Designs Salt Silk liner...adds about 10 extra degress of warmth...and only 4 extra ounces! Can't beat that! I have yet to use the Mountain Hardwear Crazy Legs Nickel Cigar...but heard it is warm...but a bit heavy for backpacking.

The North Face Chrysalis

The Chrysalis has been discontinued.

The North Face Chrysalis is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.