The North Face Conness GTX

I must admit I was skeptical at first because the…

Materials: Nylon, Gore-Tex
Use: multi-use
Break-in Period: none
Weight: approx 2 lbs

I must admit I was skeptical at first because the boots were being dumped on Ebay at such a great price for a Gore-Tex hiker. My fears proved unfounded as these boots were as comfortable as my well-worn and loved Zamberlans.

I have taken them on several outings including backpacking and have nothing but great things to say about these boots. They provide good support( I have a wide high arched foot) and are waterproof (11 stream crossings on the last outing) but breathable as well. Their light weight and great outsole complete the package.

Will their constuction hold up? We'll see. I'll update later. But for a sub $100 midweight Gore-Tex boot, this one is worth checking out.

Update: December 20, 2005

This is an update to my earlier review. I recently completed a 4-day winter backpacking trip with these boots in the Va mountains. I carried a 45# pack over 17 miles in a variety of weather conditions including snow and these boots handled it all.

Though they aren't insulated, my feet stayed comfortable and relatively dry on the trail with only a good thick pair of smartwool socks. In camp I slipped in a pair of footbed warmers with fresh socks and stayed toasty. Temps were in the 20's. I suffered no foot issues at all on this trip.

These boots appear to be well constucted as they provided excellent support even under load. They show no signs of distress at this point. So I am still recommending these boots as a bargain that perform well.

Very comfortable boot and take a load. I wear it for…

Materials: Gore tex
Break-in Period: non

Very comfortable boot and take a load.

I wear it for fast day hikes with only a bum bag and they feel almost like approach shoes, light and absorb the shocks.

I have used these while carrying 60lb on a pack. They held up a lot better than I did.

This is a do-it-all boot that did not require any breaking in. A very good product.

Waterproof and breathable, The North Face Mens Conness GTX Hiking Boot fits a popular niche for those who split their time between day hikes and multi-day trips and only care to own one pair of trail shoes.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Muddy trails, river crossings and technical ascents are no match for Conness waterproof boots from The North Face. Gore-Tex® membrane keeps water out while transferring moisture from the inside, too. Rugged exterior Wrapping toe rand Gusseted tongue Padded collar and tongue Shock-absorbing dual-density midsole Lugged Vibram® outsole Nubuck, suede and synthetic uppers Height: 5-½” Weight: 2 lb. 14 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

If you're like most outdoor enthusiasts you probably wear the same hiking boot on day hikes and multi-day backpacking trips. The waterproof and breathable Conness GTX hiking boot from The North Face offers a lightweight, full-coverage profile that easily fits both tasks while comfortably managing pack loads weighing up to 50 lbs. This is a practical and highly affordable reason to leave your clunky mountaineering boots whenever you want to spend less than a week on the AP or PCT. The North Face Conness GTX boots feature comfortable Outlast footbeds and X-2 padding along the heels. Like the lighter, low-slung Bryce from The North Face, the Conness GTX boot has a TPU shank plate with flex notches throughout the forefoot for articulation on uneven terrain, so the ride is better even when the pack is fully loaded. Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex booties help keep elements on the outside throughout your adventure.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

The North Face Conness GTX

The Conness GTX has been discontinued.

The North Face Conness GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 2, 2008 at GearTrade.