I bought these on clearance from a local outfitter.

I bought these on clearance from a local outfitter. I had read to be careful about buying North Face shoes, but these were a steal at 50% off, or so I thought.
The fit was great.

After two weeks of daily wear the left shoe began to make an awful screeching sound when I walked. This was not trail use, but rather urban use. Two weeks later I noticed the sole began to separate from the rest of the shoe. And now there is a hole in the right shoe where the material meats the toe cap.

I was originally happy with these but their durability is laughable. I've only worn these on the trail twice and they already look like crap. Stay away from these North Face shoes. It gets 4 stars for comfort and fit but the poor durability drags it down to a 2.