The North Face Denali Vest

I bought this vest on sale in '99 and in a large but…

Fabric: 300 Fleece

I bought this vest on sale in '99 and in a large but should have got it in a medium. I'm 5'6" and it hangs too long. To this day I wish I would have purchased the grey/blk denali jacket. I have the all-black so it shows all the attracked fuzzes. The vest keeps me very warm but my arms remain cold. I've worn it zipped inside my TNF Mountain Light Jacket many times and have never had a problem trying to stay warm. My arms may have not been as warm but the mobility received from not having sleeves increased. Really all not that big of a deal.

The insert zipper broke off my Mountain Light so now I just wear the vest as a layering two piece.

I just purchased the Marmot McCloud fleece jacket two weeks ago so I might discard the Denali Vest.

The Denali Vest worked perfect during my climb at…

Fabric: recycled series polartec 300 fleece

The Denali Vest worked perfect during my climb at Mt. Pulag, Philippines. It's ideal for keeping me warm in the not so cold mountains of the tropics.

This has been the best fleece I've owned in my life!

Fabric: recycled series polartec 300 fleece

This has been the best fleece I've owned in my life! It keeps me warm and dry. I wear mine every day.

If you've owned or used The North Face Denali Vest, please share your experience.

The North Face Denali Vest

The Denali Vest has been discontinued.

The North Face Denali Vest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new fleece vest, check out the best reviewed current models.