The North Face Dhaulagiri II GTX

men's
Weight 3 lb 2.4 oz / 1430 g

This is a great boot that has given me no problems,…

Summary

This is a great boot that has given me no problems, have held up, and remained dry in some pretty nasty conditions as long as the water didn't go over my boot. They took very little time to wear in and are almost more comfortable than my sneakers.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Well-fitting
  • Great support

Cons

• A bit heavy

These boots are great. I wear size 10-11 US women's and usually have a hard time finding shoes that fit properly. These shoes provided great ankle support, fits my arch perfectly, and has plenty of wiggle room for my toes.

I went on a (failed) backpacking trip where we hit an impassable river and had to turn around. We decided that the way back we would do a "gear test day" so we could say we got something out of the trip. I put those boots through hell.

The entire trail was basically a river from all the spring run off so rather than tip-toeing around the trail I tromped down in the mud and water testing just how water proof the boots were and, to be honest, I was a little shocked. My boots remained dry the entire time until I fully submerged my foot into a river. On my last dry trip it kept all the debris out as well.

I found them a bit slippery on wet boards/planks but the traction is otherwise pretty great.

I've only had them for about a year, it took me next to nothing to break them in. They didn't get my hot this summer and my toes were toasty in the cold. Over-all a pretty great boot.

Visit The North Face's Men's Dhaulagiri II GTX page.

Burly, tough, and ready to get dirty. The North Face's Dhaulagiri II GTX is ready for the toughest locales with waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX protection and durable, oiled suede uppers. Multiple layers of cushioning in the midsole and a stiff, full-length shank provide support while the interior lining wicks sweat and prevents odors.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Named for one of the world's highest peaks, The North Face Dhaulagiri hiking boot is constructed for load-hauling exploration, with a Gore-Texand#174; waterproof breathable membrane and X-Frame technology for increased ankle support. Available Colors: WEIMARANER BROWN/SIENNA ORANGE. Sizes: 7, 7.5, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Imagine buttermilk, chocolate chip, and blueberry pancakes all in one glorious stack. Now think of the equivalent in a backpacking boot and youAAAll get The North Face Dhaulagiri II GTX Boot. The North Face stacked several different layers of footwear technology to give you a smooth and sturdy platform for heavy hauls over long distances. For the perfect topping, they put in a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane so you can splash and thrash your way through the wild landscape.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Constructed for load-hauling exploration, this lightweight suede hiking boot features a waterproof, breathable, GORE-TEX membrane to keep feet dry and comfortable in wet weather. X-Frame ankle support plus Heal Cradle technology provides stable footing even with extra weight on your back.

- The North Face refers to the men's version

The North Face Dhaulagiri II GTX

The Dhaulagiri II GTX has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2011 product line.

$170.00 (men's)

The North Face Dhaulagiri II GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2013 at Mountain Gear.