The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt

Panel Fabric 198 g / sq m 100% Polyester Jersey, 140 g / sq m 92% Polyester, 8% Elastane Knit Mesh
Body Fabric 92 g / sq m 86% Polyester, 14% Elastane Stretch Woven
Inseam 4.5 in short, 14.25 in Skirt Outseam

The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt is a great skirt…

Summary

The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt is a great skirt for trail running or hiking! I have used it on multiple hiking trips and it has performed exceptionally well. If you are looking for a stylish, yet comfortable change from your hiking pants, you should check out this skirt!

Pros

• Stylish
  • Wicking
  • Appropriate length
  • The shorts stay put, which reduces chafing
  • Comes in great colors
  • 3 pockets

Cons

• Pricey in comparison to other trail running skirts

The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt is my favorite hiking skirt. It fits very well. I would say that it is true to size. It has a stretchy waistband with a tie in the front, so you can adjust it for the perfect fit. It is very comfortable.

The liner shorts are the key to this skirt. The elastic in the bottom that fits the quads actually stays in place, but is not so tight that it cuts off the circulation. They fit just tight enough to stay in place comfortably. This was my very first concern about this skirt, because I personally have an odd q-angle in my hips that makes me very susceptible to chafing.

I have another trail running skirt, the Patagonia All Weather Skirt, and I constantly have to adjust the liner shorts. I am much more apt to wear this skirt than that one because the constant adjustments are very annoying. I feel very comfortable bending over or moving in general on the trail because the liner shorts to stay where they are supposed to. It is also very lightweight. I barely notice that I am even wearing it.

This skirt breathes very well! I have never overheated in it. It is also moisture wicking, and does a great job of it. It utilizes The North Face's patented VaporWick fabric.

One of my favorite features of this skirt is the pockets. It has one zipper pocket on the rear and one on the outside of each leg.

image.jpg
Rear view, showing the rear pocket

image.jpg
Pockets on outside of each leg

image.jpg
The boy short liner with Sanitized Silver anti-odor control.

I have had this skirt for about two years now. I have worn it on several hikes through spring, summer, and fall. It has performed very well. I have yet to come up with a problem with it. The material has held up very well through several washes. It still looks as good as it did when I bought it! I am 5'4" and about 130 lbs. I wear a medium in this and in most other skirts and shorts.

image.jpg
Here I am sporting The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt while filtering some Merced River water in Yosemite in June.

image.jpg
This was on Max Patch Bald, NC in May.

Specs: (cited from Altrec, where I purchased the skirt from)

• Material: 86% polyester, 14% elastane stretch woven; 92 g/sq m
  • Panels: 92% polyester, 8% elastane knit mesh; 140 g/sq m
  • Panels: 100% polyester jersey; 198 g/sq m
  • Short liner: 92% polyester, 8% elastane knit mesh; 140 g/sq m
  • Light, breathable, stretch-woven skirt
  • Zipper back pocket
  • Boy short liner with Sanitized® Silver
  • Stash pockets in short liner
  • Mesh panels
  • Front and rear side vented pleat
  • Reflective logos
  • Inseam: 4.5 in short, 14.25 in skirt outseam

Nice skirt review, Ashleigh! Thanks for sharing it.

Rick-Pittsburgh

I think this item would clash with my eyes but a solid review all the same. Well done.

The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt offers a breathable mesh boy-short liner, mesh panels and a wide stretch waist to ensure support and comfort during long runs.

The North Face Women's Eat My Dust Skirt is a secret speed demon disguised as a fun and flirty bottom, designed to keep you looking good while you sprint past the competition. Made out of a polyester and elastane blend, the skirt dries quickly when you run in the rain, and it has a touch of stretch to keep you running freely. The integrated liner features some polyester mesh for next-to-skin comfort, and the layered ventilation system places mesh paneling at the wide waistband to bring all the breathability you need in warmer weather. Store your MP3 in the zippered back, stuff your keys in one of the liner's stow pockets, and win those races with fabulous comfort.

A technical running skirt from The North Face, Eat My Dust offers a forgiving fit with just the right amount of coverage. The modern skirt design and ruffled detailing reminds men on the trail they just got smoked by a girl....

- EMS

The North Face Womens Eat My Dust Skirt - Closeout - TNF's most technical women's running skirt offers a forgiving fit with just the right amount of coverage. A practical boy-short liner prevents chafing and has pockets to keep small personal items safe by your side. Fast drying technical material reduces water absorption and promotes comfort as you push your limits. The modern skirt design reminds guys on the trail that they just got smoked by a girl. FEATURES Contoured mesh waistband construction Feminine ruched side panels Secure-zip pocket Boy-short liner with stow pockets MP3 cord hole Reflective logos

- Massey's Outfitters

The Eat My Dust Skirt offers a breathable mesh boy short liner, mesh-ventilation panels and an extra-wide stretch waist to ensure a supportive, comfortable fit during long runs.

- RockCreek