The North Face Eidolon Pant

Weight 10.58 oz / 300 g
Fabric 75D 142 g / sq m (4.19 oz / sq yd) 100% Polyester TNF™ Apex Aerobic

Lightweight, windproof and tough. In Australia it…

Price Paid: $74 Australian

Summary

Lightweight, windproof and tough.

Pros

• Very lightweight
  • Windproof
  • Tough
  • Very breathable

Cons

• The fly is almost unusable

In Australia it is hard to find pants for use above the treeline, so when I saw these I was tempted to buy. They look highly technical so it was unclear how well they would work out in the field.

Well they are absolutely fantastic. Comfortable, warm enough and not too warm for Spring and Autumn. Winter use will require long johns. They are completely windproof. I don't know yet how rain proof they will be.

The only shortcoming is the fly which is next to useless — change that — completely useless! In spite of this shortcoming, I highly recommend these pants.

Update: Today I wore them in windy snow, sleet and foggy wet mist. I stayed dry and comfortable. I wore long johns underneath.

El pantalon cumple con creces las expectativas, lo…

Summary

El pantalon cumple con creces las expectativas, lo he utilizado en caminatas en torrede paine chile y se nota un calce comodo, la tela es muy confortable en el uso, respira perfectamente aun bajo un sol fuerte, excelente pantalon totalmente recomendable.

Pros

• Su calce, la tela sumamente comoda en el roce con las piernas

Cons

• No tener un cinturon de ajuste, en lugar delas cuerditas

un pantalon que cumple las expectativas del mismo, lo he probado en caminata en torres del paine sur de chile, en febrero, el lugar pasa por los cuatro climas, viento, sol y calor, frio y lluvia, este patalon de calce comodo, de secado super rapido y de  un soporte al viento bueno. super recomendable.

I was unsure about this purchase, as I was unable…

I was unsure about this purchase, as I was unable to find any reviews anywhere about these pants. I just got them today, so have not actually used them yet, but wanted to do a small write-up for others that were in my situation.

First off, they are Summit Series, so they are very clean and have a very nice finish to the pant, they look very nice. I would say they are along the lines of an alpine\performance fit. I am 5-8 135 athletic build and the small fits me perfect, and I mean perfect (I wear a 30x32 in all of my other pants). These pants could not be tailored to fit me any better. They are very light, yet seem to be tough, and have some nice stretch to them. Definitely a running, hiking type pant. I am sure they breath well. I will be putting them to use in the next day or so and will do an update after I have used them.

At $100 they are a bit pricey (probably a bit extra for that technical look and the summit series insignia), but once I tried them on, there was no way they were getting returned. I do not have the TNF Running pant or Prolix Pant, so can't really compare. I like these pants and would give 5 stars if they were $80.

Designed to achieve maximum mobility on the rock, the lightweight, durable Eidolon Pants from The North Face are the ultimate soft shell climbing pants for upward-moving athletes.

- EMS

Late fall trekking or early Spring climbing missions call for a breathable, stretchy pant like The North Face Men's Eidolon Softshell Pant. A team of dedicated North Face athletes used and abused the pants on the rock, eventually encouraging the development of the articulated knees and gusseted crotch. Wind-block Apex fabric throws you a bone when you're far up on a face and a blustery storm rolls in.

These soft shell pants are made to withstand your toughest alpine ascents. The Eidolon Pant from The North Face is the perfect blend of weather protection and freedom of movement. The durable Apex Aerobic soft shell material is the lightest and most breathable in the Apex series making it the perfect pant to wear when you are working hard.

- Mountain Gear

Designed for upward-moving athletes who require maximum mobility on the rock, this new soft shell climbing pant is specifically designed to fit your unique needs. TNF Apex Aerobic soft shell fabric provides high levels of wind-resistance with stretch that provides a slight grip on the exterior to stick to rock.

- The North Face

For mountaineers who want maximum mobility, the Men's North Face Eidolon Pants are ideal. Durable TNF Apex Aerobic soft shell fabric provides excellent wind resistance and high breathability. The articulated knees, elastic drawstring waist, and gusset crotch keep you comfortable when high-stepping on alpine rock. When you're setting off for a hard route in the mountains, you deserve a hard-working, hard-wearing pair of the North Face Eidolon Pants for Men.

- Altrec Outlet

The North Face Men's Eidolon Pant

The North Face Men's Eidolon Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 29, 2013 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.