The North Face El Lobo 65

This is an amazing multi-day pack no matter where…

Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'1"

This is an amazing multi-day pack no matter where you're heading.

The hip and shoulder belts felt secure and comfortable while at the same time holding 50lbs in tight. The pivoting hip belt is an advancement long overdue and makes a huge difference when climbing and twisting through steep trail sections. The ventilation sytsem in the back performed better than I expected and it was a huge plus not to have to towel off my back after a long day in the back country.

We took this on a 4 day hike and had no issues. The removable top, which I originally scoffed at, came in very handy after setting up a base camp and heading out on day hikes and climbs.

A few minor gripes: The sleeping bag 'pouch is still pretty useless, but at least the shelf is removable. A tent shelf would have made a perfect addition (like in the bora) but is easily managed with straps. And finally, I can't understand why all manufacturers don't include a waterproof cover as an insert to their top line bags! My freaking golf bag comes with one, and when they're asking you to shell out $300 for a pack (retail price in Canada) they could at least throw this in. Not to mention it would allow their brand name to be more recognizable.... I'm just saying.

All in all - a great, comfortable and versatile pack. I would have no problems recommending this to a friend.

The North Face El Lobo 65

The El Lobo 65 has been discontinued.

The North Face El Lobo 65 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.