The North Face Endurus XCR Boa

They started falling apart after 4 months. The Boa…

They started falling apart after 4 months. The Boa system came apart early on, leaving critical parts on a roadside. Buying these parts proved to be impossible, and repair apparently takes a full 6 weeks. Shortly thereafter the soles started delaminating. I'm not sure what this shoe is designed for, but it's certainly not trail use.

This is my second pair and my third with the Boa system…

Materials: Gore-Tex/ manmade materials
Use: day treks/ moderate to semi rough trails
Break-in Period: 2 days
Weight: 1.4 lbs

This is my second pair and my third with the Boa system and Trailspace saved me around $25. It sure doesn't hurt to look around. All in all a very good shoe, maybe not very the best I've owned from North Face but pretty close.

The Boa system does everything as advertised. It lets you dial in the shoe to what your feet is doing during a long hike and weather condition changes. I have one pair that almost has no tread left that I use for just around the house stuff. It held up well for what the shoe has gone through, better than any Nike or Adidas trail shoe I've owned.

I'm a firm believer in Gore-Tex, whether it's in clothing or footwear. Yea I know it costs more but in the long run wet is not cool, especially if you have no way of getting dry for an extended period of time. The days of walking them dry are over for me.

As always unlike some I find the North Face line in general run smaller compared to shoes and I always order one complete size larger. I really lucked out on this pair not being a slave to color discontinuance by shoe companies. This pair was $40 cheaper than when I bought the previous same model and $25 cheaper than the current on sale price of where I normally buy my North Face shoes. So look at your options before just clicking to your normal supplier. Some of these discontinued colors can save you major money if you don't have to have the newest look designed by someone who most likely has never seen a trail other than on TV.

I had a very bad experience with these shoes. I normally…

Materials: Gore-Tex
Use: Trail Running, Hiking
Weight: 2 lbs

I had a very bad experience with these shoes. I normally wear size 10 in running shoes but when I received them, they were much too tight and crunching my toes so I had to return them (mail order) and order a pair in 10.5. So these shoes are not true to size. I get my new pair and they fit but they are not that comfortable. They push on your Achilles a lot, which is annoying and the overall shoe isn’t the most comfortable. I figured I just needed to break them in, so I did, only helped a little.

So I owned the shoes for about 2 weeks, I took them hiking once, trail running once, then mountain biking once then they just started falling apart. After my mountain bike ride with them I inspected them to find that the sole started ungluing all over the place(Really Bad). I sent them back to mountaingear.com and they inspected them and gave me a full refund.

The only reason I give these 2 stars is because the boa lacing system is awesome, they had the gore-tex liner and they looked cool. But they were not that comfortable and the obvious poorly made.

The lightweight Endurus XCR Boa trail runners from The North Face now offer the new Boa Lacing System. Similar to snowboard-boot lacing, it operates like a unified suspension system around the top of your foot and your ankle so there are no pressure points.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

The North Face Men's Endurus XCR Boa Trail Running Shoe gives you lightweight performance for the trail, dirt track, or occasional stretch of road. These highly supportive shoes give you the protection of waterproof breathable Gore-Tex XCR membrane, which will keep your feet dry on sopping wet trails. The North Face virtually eliminated pressure points in the Endurus Trail Shoes with the Boa Lacing System, which employs an easy-to-use dial to tighten and loosen steel-laces. This system lets you make micro-adjustments, won't come loose, and never needs retying. These Flight Series shoes weigh less than two pounds, and they feature Roll Control heel wedges for stability and X-2 O2 forefoot crash pads for comfort.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

The Flight Series Endurus XCR Boa men's waterproof trail running shoe is our lightest and most custom-fit men's trail runner utilizing the Boa Lacing system in combination with Gore-Tex XCR and our ultralight bottom platform.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

For trail runners concerned with over-pronation and injury, this lightweight, waterproof trail runner is just the thing.The Boa Lacing System automatically micro- adjusts with foot movement to eliminate pressure points, kind of like a suspension system. Use on dirt roads or for adventure racing and fast packing. Boa Lacing System enables on the fly adjustment for an even and repeatable tightness. Gore-Tex XCR is 25% more breathable than regular Gore-Tex. Roll Control technology creates a more accurate strike pattern and controls pronation. UltrATAC is an all terrain, all condition rubber outsole that provides dependable traction for trail running, scrambling over scree, or everyday use. Northotic footbed features a lateral and medial TPU heed cradle, plus a longitudinal arch wedge for torsional stability and arch support. AgION antimicrobial footbed inhibits growth of odors and bacteria. Outsole construction is ideal for hybrid tracks (road/trail); outsole features an X-2 O2 heel air bag that provides an added measure of cushioning and protection. Triple-density lightweight EVA midsole; injection-molded TPU shank plate for more under-foot protection; gusseted tongue.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Description of The North Face Endurus XCR BoaThe Endurus XCR Boa is lightweight and ideal for running trails, dirt track and the occasional short stretch of road, with waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex® XCR® and the innovative and adjustable Boa® lacing system. Features:Approx Weight : * [1¼2 pair] 15 oz (434 g) [pair] 1 lb 15 oz (868 g) *based on Men's 9 Avg Weight : 1 lbs 15 oz (879 g)AgION Antimicrobial - A silver agent woven into the footbed inhibits the growth of odors and disease-causing bacteria. Flight Series™ - Developed for multisport athletes, the Flight Series™ features ultralight, multi-purpose apparel, equipment and footwear. This athlete-tested performance collection is designed for done-in-a-day and weekend adventures when fast and light packing is paramount.Northotic™ Anti-Microbial Footbed - The Northotic™ is a multi-density footbed that provides enhanced stability, support and cushioning on the trail. UltraTAC™ Rubber Outsole Compound - Proprietary tr

- US Outdoor Store refers to the men's version

The North Face Endurus XCR Boa

The Endurus XCR Boa has been discontinued.

The North Face Endurus XCR Boa is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.