The North Face Flint 1 Tent

A lightweight tent that is easy to put up and take…

Summary

A lightweight tent that is easy to put up and take down. Does a very solid job of keeping moisture out, and provides adequate room as well.

Pros

• Easy to put up
  • Adequate room

Cons

• Small vestibule
  • Rainfly needs to be tied down
  • Zipper angle is annoying

This is my first tent purchase and so far I have been very satisfied with the tent. It has very few parts so it is very easy to set up and take down.

It is lightweight, and takes up very little space in my pack. It takes me just 5 minutes to setup the tent. The tent is very stable in the wind, but only if the rain fly is tied down with string.

I would give the tent a 7 out of 10 for keeping moisture out. If it is very humid, there is somewhat of an accumulation of moisture on the inside, but not enough to really cause a problem. In heavy rain and wind, I have had no issue with leakage. Ventilation is great when the vestibule area is left open, not as much when it is closed.

Room is adequate for me, I'm 5'10", I can stand while bent over and my legs open, so I can change in the tent w/o much of an effort.

I've used this tent for about 20 nights so far, and it is showing no signs of wear and tear. I got this tent on a very good deal ($100), and I have been very satisfied with its overall useablility. I would recommend this tent for anyone on a budget, that wants a no-frills, user friendly tent, that will keep you dry and warm.

Welcome to Trailspace, Aaron. Thanks for sharing your tent review. If possible, I'd love to see some pictures of your tent in your review.

Easy and fast to set up. Holds up well in the rain.

Summary

Easy and fast to set up. Holds up well in the rain. Extra spacious inside.

Pros

• Sets up fast
  • Great water resistance

Cons

• Not ultra light, but still light

I've used this tent on the side of the river out of my kayak and in the mountains out of my backpack. It's easy to store and easy to set up. I have sat through a rainstorm in it and even without a footprint it kept me dry.

I love this lightweight tent.

The North Face Flint 1 Tent

The North Face Flint 1 Tent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 7, 2014 at Tahoe Mountain Sports.