The North Face Havoc Mid GTX XCR

Very lightweight hiking boot, almost sneaker-like…

Summary

Very lightweight hiking boot, almost sneaker-like boots. Was enjoying until it leaked.

Pros

• Weight
  • Looks

Cons

• Leaks water although it is Gore-tex
  • Not durable
  • Keeps my feet a little hot at times

I am a newbie to hiking and it has been only 2,5 months since I started outdoor sports. The activities I do are mostly hiking, canyoning, caving. Although I am new, I have been out doing something every Sunday.

I was looking for a lightweight, hiking boot which was also a waterproof, comfortable boot. I wanted something that I will be able to wear also in summer. As I was a newbie, I did not really know what I needed much. The price I paid for this boot was around 90 usd, which is acceptable in my country (I thought) since it is a known brand and it is Gore-tex. It was an online retailler so I had no chance to try.

I started using it with a one day break-in at work. Although review said, it was not very warm to wear in summer, I found it kinda hot to wear it at work. I normally wear 8,5 US and I bought 9,5 US cause most people advised buying bigger shoes and it was the only one left at this size at the online retailer any way. After some usage, I thought size 9 boot would fit me better as I wear them while hiking. My feet moved a little in the boot.

I used it like four times during summer where three times there were no rain. The temperatures were around 70-80° fahrenheit, so it was not very warm. It kept my feet comfortable, suprisingly not very hot. I used it for hiking with around 5 miles to 10 miles range. It was easy to clean, just some brushing and water around it, it was clean.

The last time I used it, there were heavy rain for around 1 hour and I had no gaiters. Therefore, my feet got wet. I also had to pass through a river so I was not sure if it leaked anyway. But although my feet were wet, I did not feel very uncomfortable. However, when I get home, I was suspicious whether the boots were leaking and to my surprise, the right boot got wet in a minute after a test that I kept them under water so that the water does not flow over the shoe.

So I sent it for testing and got a refund.

If it did not leak, I was really happy about this boot, although it was my first hiking boot.

Too bad your first boots didn't work out, but thankfully you got a refund. I hope you find something that works even better.

Light, size slightly small for my foot size 12, just…

Summary

Light, size slightly small for my foot size 12, just in the length. Feels like the sole is thin also very much like an athletic shoe.

Pros

• Light

Trim snug fit, reasonable support not a lot of padding underfoot. Outer sole doesn"t grip real well on slick surfaces. but probably will last quite well. Flexes real well. Light, light shoe.

I don't think I will use as a multi-day backpack boot.

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Men's Havoc Mid GTX XCR Boot FEATURES of The North Face Men's Havoc Mid GTX XCR Boot Upper: Gore-Tex Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane Full-grain leather toe and mudguard Welded-synthetic, breathable midfoot Protective rubber toe cap Northotic Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron Resource heel and forefoot-cushioning pads and ESS Cradle support Bottom: TPU and EVA Cradle heel-cushioning and stability technology Combination compression-molded EVA and poured PU midsole TPU Snake Plate forefoot protection Exclusive Vibram rubber outsole Imported SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Men's Havoc Mid GTX XCR Boot Last: TNF-001 Approx Weight: 1/2 pair: 1 lb 1 oz / 485 g, pair: 2 lbs 2 oz / 970 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

The North Face Havoc Mid GTX is a lightweight, waterproof, performance-oriented boot built with Cradle technology and an exclusive, superlight Vibram outsole to provide flexible support for moving fast and light over technical terrain.

- EMS refers to the men's version

This lightweight, waterproof, performance-oriented boot is built with CRADLE(TM) technology and an exclusive, superlight Vibram(R) outsole to provide flexible support for moving fast and light over technical terrain / UPPER/ GORE-TEX(R) Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane / Full-grain leather toe and mudguard / Welded-synthetic, breathable midfoot / Protective rubber toe cap / Northotic(TM) Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron(R) Resource Heel and forefoot cushioning pads and ESS CRADLE(TM) support BOTTOM/ TPU and EVA CRADLE(TM) heel cushioning and stability technology / Combination compression-molded EVA and injected PU midsole / TPU Snake Plate(TM) forefoot protection / Exclusive Vibram(R) rubber outsole

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

North Face Havoc Mid GTX XCR Shoes for MenThe North Face Havoc Mid GTX XCR Shoes for Men are the greatest choice in footwear for the outdoors. This shoe features an effective waterproof material, that keeps your feet dry and warm. These shoes add stability to your balance, while hiking. With its upgraded footbed, your feet feel good, the entire day. Its heel cushioning technology is soft against your heel. These shoes have cradle support for added comfort. This product has breathable material, so your feet stay dry and cool. The front of the shoes have a snake plate for your protection, when you find yourself on rough grounds. Its mid sole was injected to help you with your climbing needs. The North Face Havoc Mid GTX XCR Shoes for Men is a great start when you are getting your outdoor gear.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

Go ahead and add that extra gear to your pack; when you're wearing the lightweight The North Face Men's Havoc Mid GTX XCR Hiking Shoe, you can handle the weight. That's because this new TNF offering features the advanced Cradle technology, which gives you exceptional stability in technical terrain; the shoe is also incredibly light for a supportive leather boot, so even if your pack is heavy, your feet feel free.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version