The North Face Heckler

Weight 2 lb 4 oz / 1020 g
Capacity 2260 cu in / 34 L
Dimensions 20.5 in x 13 in x 7.5 in / 52 cm x 33 cm x 19 cm
Fabric 600D Polyester, 1200D Polyester

I've had this backpack for four years, used mostly…

I've had this backpack for four years, used mostly for school and short hikes.  Durability has been fine, really doesn't show any sign of wear (although I avoid throwing my stuff around when possible).

My one complaint is the design, particularly with the side bottle pockets, drawstring cord and bottom pad loops.  The drawstring cord is pretty weak and doesn't do a great job at holding things in place, and when my friend took it on an overnight trip (I was carrying the majority of supplies in my 65L pack, although the Heckler did hold a fair amount of gear), with a sleeping pad hooked into the pad loops at the bottom it presses up against the bottle pockets on either side effectively not allowing a 1L Nalgene to sit correctly.

So that was annoying...but for everyday use as a backpack or daypack, I've been pleased.

My wife bought this pack a few weeks ago for use as…

My wife bought this pack a few weeks ago for use as her school backpack. She carries around a lot of heavy books, but even still, in a little over two weeks there is already a hole developing in the bottom, likely from the corner of one of her books. For a $70+ pack, this is ridiculous. North Face's standards are slipping as they try to make the biggest profit off their popular logo by using crap materials.

Don't buy their stuff if you want it to last!!!!!!

The North Face Heckler

The North Face Heckler is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 25, 2014 at Backcountry.com.