The North Face Ion 20

Weight 1 lb 9 oz / 709 g
Capacity 1404 cu in / 23 L
Dimensions 19.3 in x 11 in x 6.3 in / 49 cm x 28 cm x 16 cm
Fabric 210HT Ripstop Cordura® Nylon, 70D Ultralight 210HT Ripstop Nylon

Maybe I'm rough on packs. But this didn't last well.

Price Paid: £80

Maybe I'm rough on packs. But this didn't last well. The straps wore out quickly as did the mesh coating on the - comfy - foam strips on the back.  Oddly still my fav day pack as it was so damn comfy.

I think I'm probably to blame, only used the waist strap when out of town, but used in the city as my commute bag. I think this allowed it to move to much, I was also prone to wearing it over only one shoulder when jumping the train. Don't think it liked that at all.

So for the outdoors yes. For town - no.

Great pack. The two greatest features are the raincover…

Great pack. The two greatest features are the raincover and the padded mesh back panel.

Great pack.

I was looking for a pack to use on full day trips…

Design: Technical daypack
Size: 20 liters
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 10lbs
Height of Owner: 6'0"

I was looking for a pack to use on full day trips and I found this beauty. It's perfect for the fast-paced light days up a mountain. With just enough room for food, minor cooking supplies, first aid, and rain gear this is all you need. It will not slow you down, not even in the rain because it comes with a rain cover that conveniently stows away in a pocket when not needed. Another plus is it's out of you way when scrambling and bouldering with it's slim and low profile. I highly recomend for anyone who needs a serious day pack.

The North Face Men's Ion 20

The North Face Men's Ion 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 31, 2013 at Massey's Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.