The North Face Jasper Canyon GTX

After less than 2 months of minimal use the sole started…

Use: short day hikes

After less than 2 months of minimal use the sole started pulling away from the boot. I sent North Face pictures, description etc. and they said I would need to "mail them in to be looked at." I asked if they would cover the shipping to send them back as with less than 2 months use it is clearly a manufacturing issue and they said "no."

I contacted a few others at North Face, said they "might" cover shipping after seeing them, but wouldn't guarenttee it. I was astonished that even with providing photos etc. they would do this. I know people who have bought from Teva and Keen and have had their shoes replaced, no questions asked with a simple picture.

Poor manufacturing, I will never buy another North Face footwear product after this experience- thy don't last and the customer service sucks. Even the dealer that I bought them from wouldn't ship them back for me. It's cheaper just to buy some shoe goo and fix them myself. Shame shame, North Face.

On a side note, they were super comfy right off the start. But that doesn't help if the sole doesn't stay on :).

I bought these boots about eighteen months ago, and…

Materials: Gore-tex/ Nubuck
Use: Short day hikes at weekends
Break-in Period: None really
Price Paid: £100

I bought these boots about eighteen months ago, and have always been very comfortable and waterproof. However, I noticed that the soles were coming away from the main body of the boot. I took them back to the place of purchase and they said that they would send them back to North Face in Belgium to be 'Looked At'.

As I use them most weekends, I decided to take them to the local boot repairer and cut my losses. He said they weren't worth repairing as they were disintegrating!! Dreadful quality and workmanship for such an expensive pair of boots. Waiting to see what North Face in Belgium do. I'm not impressed.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Jasper Canyon GTX versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the Jasper Canyon GTX. Read all reviews »

The North Face Women's Jasper Canyon GTX Hiking Boot offers the stability and support you need to carrying heavy loads on multi-day adventures. The Jasper Canyon is a rugged backpacking or heavy hiking boot that handles the rigors of the trail like no other. When you need the sturdiness of a full leather boot but don't want the sturdy feel or break-in period, the Jasper Canyon comes to the rescue with tons of support mixed with forward flex and breathability. Seam-sealed construction and a waterproof Gore-Tex membrane keeps you dry in the backcountry and the northodic, ergonomically-designed multi-density footbed adds more comfort to your trek.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Jasper Canyon GTX women's hiking boot is suitable for three to five day hikes with loads of up to 50lbs.

- Altrec Outdoors

The North Face Women's Jasper Canyon GTX

The Women's Jasper Canyon GTX has been discontinued.

The North Face Women's Jasper Canyon GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 6, 2008 at Backcountry.com.