The North Face Kilo Bag

The "Comfort Temp" is 32, but anything much below…

Summary

The "Comfort Temp" is 32, but anything much below 50 is problematic at best. Very disappointing for the brand name. Materials and construction seem fine but the overly optimistic temp rating makes this a ripoff.

Pros

• Quality material and construction
  • Light weight

Cons

• Does not come close to the temp rating

I've had the bag for about 3 years now and used on about 4 trips. The bag is high quality, but the false advertising makes it a ripoff. In low to mid-40's nights I had to wear a hat, sweatshirt and socks to stay comfortable, and I usually sleep warm.

The bag is stored unpacked and hung in a closet so the down should be nearly new. Very disappointing.

I love this bag, it is very light, and packs very…

Design: mummy
Fill: 600 fill down
Temperature Rating: 32
Weight: hey its a kilo... 2 lbs

I love this bag, it is very light, and packs very well, I have had many many miles packing under my belt, and have used many other brands,I ratethis bag right up with the other great one TNF has produced, although its not as warm as others,I can overlook this as a summer bag and early fall bag, maybe even spring, dont use it if it is gonna get cold, but on cooler nights its fantastic, I am a bigger guy, 200lbs, and I fit it nicely, I guess I can overlook the temperature rating because of it weight and comfort.. it has a dual zipper if it gets too warm... the down proof nylon inside is nice on the skin too... it has a cool ittle glo tab on the zippe so you can find it in the dark too...I havent found any realll bad points yet, i am sure there are some but , i just cant seem to see them at this point.

This is a nice summer bag, but if you are going to…

This is a nice summer bag, but if you are going to be in anything approaching 32 degrees F, take your warmer bag. Light as feathers; really packs down tight; perfect for lightweight backpacking or mild weather trekking. Relofts nicely as long as you store it properly.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Kilo Bag versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Kilo Bag. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used The North Face Men's Kilo Bag, please share your experience.

The North Face Men's Kilo Bag

The Men's Kilo Bag has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's Kilo Bag is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

Regular Long