The North Face Kings Canyon 2

I love this tent. It is big enough to keep myself,…

Summary

I love this tent. It is big enough to keep myself, my gear, and my pup in a comfortable position. It is also light enough to be carried in my backpack, along with the pup's gear. The double vestibule doors are great and gives Maci plenty of room to run around in and outside of the tent. With the two vestibules it gives a lot of space for the wet gear. This tent is super easy to throw up alone.

Pros

• Double vestibules
  • Double doors

Cons

• Footprint sold separate

I just got this tent a few months ago, and I love it. I had another two-person tent and decided to get another one. I chose the Kings Canyon 2 and fell in love after taking it out only once.

The pack size was smaller than my previous tent, which proved to be crucial after packing all the other gear needed for myself and Maci.

The setup was extremely easy, even with just one person. I did have other stakes that I bought from the North Face to go with my other tent, and did not use the ones that came with the tent.

The weather was not bad the times I have gone, a little windy at night but the tent stayed extremely stable. I use the footprint, and this tent handles moisture well. It has only been out in light rains, but with the rainfly everything stayed dry on the inside. This tent stayed somewhat cool. I use a tent fan and with the tent being made out of mostly mesh it vented extremely well.

Storage in the tent, is great. I don't use their gear lofts, but there is definitely enough room for gear. I tend to use carabiners to attach extra gear.

The North Face Kings Canyon 2 Tent is a roomy shelter that will be light in your pack while offering the comfort and durability of a heavier tent. Crossing ridge pole maximizes interior space and provides a dry entrance Double door and double vestibule High-low ventilation Hubbed poles and color-coded webbing make for quick, easy setup Compatible with Kings Canyon 2 Footprint, sold separately

- OMCgear

The North Face Kings Canyon 2 Tent is weight-conscious, but it's really more concerned about roomy comfort than anything else. The 41-inch ceiling provides plenty of room to sit up and stretch out, and the cross ridge pole design spreads the ceiling out wide so you don't have to sit right in the middle or take turns to enjoy that headroom.

Free Shipping. The North Face Kings Canyon 2 Tent FEATURES of The North Face Kings Canyon 2 Tent Crossing ridge pole maximizes interior space and provides a dry entrance Double door and double vestibule High-low ventilation Hubbed poles and color-coded webbing make for quick, easy setup DAC Twist Clips SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Kings Canyon 2 Tent Total Weight: 4 lbs 9.8 oz / 2.091 kg Trail Weight: 4 lbs 4.6 oz / 1.946 kg FastPack Weight: 3 lbs 4.5 oz / 1.488 kg Footprint Weight: 10.9 oz / 310 g Floor Area: 2.69 square meter / 29 square feet Vestibules: 2 Vestibule Area: 0.93 x 0.93 square meter / 10 x 10 square feet Peak Height: 40.94in. StuffSack Dimension: 6.5 x 24in. / 17 x 61 cm Number of Poles: 2 Pole Diameter: 9 mm + 8.5 mm Door: 2 Capacity: 2 person Fly: Lightweight, high-tenacity nylon ripstop, 1200 mm PU coating, silicone Canopy: Super lightweight breathable nylon ripstop, water-resistant finish Mesh: Nylon in.no-see-umin. mesh Floor: Lightweight nylon ripstop, 3000 mm PU coating, silicone This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

A freestanding backpacking tent fit for a king, The North Face Kings Canyon 2 is big enough for base camp but designed for backcountry exploration. When you're in need of a lightweight castle in the clouds, this tent has you covered.

- EMS

With an easy pitch, dry entry, and a roomy interior, The North Face's Kings Canyon 2 tent has the lightweight strength you need in a backcountry shelter. Intelligent color coding helps you orient the poles to their clips and the fly to the tent body for a fast pitch when the day's light is fading. Hubbed poles further speed your set-up times while multiple stake types are included to cover varying soil conditions. A double door and double vestibule promote harmony with your tent mate while the high-low ventilation system helps to circulate the fresh air that drew you to the woods in the first place.

- Mountain Gear