The North Face Kings Canyon 2

I love this tent. It is big enough to keep myself,…

Summary

I love this tent. It is big enough to keep myself, my gear, and my pup in a comfortable position. It is also light enough to be carried in my backpack, along with the pup's gear. The double vestibule doors are great and gives Maci plenty of room to run around in and outside of the tent. With the two vestibules it gives a lot of space for the wet gear. This tent is super easy to throw up alone.

Pros

• Double vestibules
  • Double doors

Cons

• Footprint sold separate

I just got this tent a few months ago, and I love it. I had another two-person tent and decided to get another one. I chose the Kings Canyon 2 and fell in love after taking it out only once.

The pack size was smaller than my previous tent, which proved to be crucial after packing all the other gear needed for myself and Maci.

The setup was extremely easy, even with just one person. I did have other stakes that I bought from the North Face to go with my other tent, and did not use the ones that came with the tent.

The weather was not bad the times I have gone, a little windy at night but the tent stayed extremely stable. I use the footprint, and this tent handles moisture well. It has only been out in light rains, but with the rainfly everything stayed dry on the inside. This tent stayed somewhat cool. I use a tent fan and with the tent being made out of mostly mesh it vented extremely well.

Storage in the tent, is great. I don't use their gear lofts, but there is definitely enough room for gear. I tend to use carabiners to attach extra gear.