The North Face Logo Beanie

kids'
Shell Fabric 100% acrylic
Lining Fabric Micro-Fleece Ear Band

An exquisite, warm, breathable and windproof hat if…

Summary

An exquisite, warm, breathable and windproof hat if you are going for hiking, biking, snowboarding or a simple walk in a cold windy weather — just buy it.

Pros

• Breathable
  • Windproof
  • Very warm
  • Stylish

Cons

• 1-size fit doesn't cover my neck completely

Being a big TNF fan, I bought this beanie immediately when I lost my old hat on a windy summit of Mt. Baldy (10,064') in December. After that, I have climbed to the prominent summits in Los Angeles County in winters wearing my new TNF Logo Beanie. It has always protected me from snowstorms, gale force winds and even rains.

TNF products are worth buying — a decent and reliable brand. If you are planning to buy someone a cost-effective gift, go for this beanie.

This is a great all-around hat. I use it fall through…

This is a great all-around hat. I use it fall through winter for hikes, jogs, and football games in November. The wool keeps your head warm and the microfleece lining keeps your ears from touching the wool, eliminating the itch.

The only disadvantage is that when this thing gets wet, it smells really bad. Bad like, thawed, raw bacon that has been sitting out too long. And, the only way to clean it is to dry clean it (because it is made of wool).

So for dry conditions I would say it's the best hat around. But when it's wet outside, definitely don't use it. As a result of its versatility in dry weather, I give it four stars. It doesn't get the fifth because in wet weather you'd better have another hat.