The North Face Mica 1
Don’t let the sliver-thin mineral name fool you, the three-season Mica 1 bivy beams with plenty of adventurous ambition. For starters, it has a huge 6-foot vestibule for storing a backpack, hiking sticks, boots, and assorted gear. There’s even a port window on the door, so you can let the sun shine in. The canopy is made of 40-denier nylon ripstop, while the floor is 70-denier nylon with a 1,500 mm polyurethane coating to seal out moisture. The 40-denier siliconized nylon fly has the same waterproof coating to eliminate any shower-wrecking scenarios in the backcountry.
- DAC Featherlight NSL poles and easy-to-pitch clips
- Bathtub floor features fully taped seams for complete moisture blockage
- Jake's Foot poles and color-coded design for a fast pitch
- D-shaped door lets you easily enter and exit with gear
- High-low venting for airflow management
- Overhead pockets store essentials for the trail that may be fragile such as headlamps, maps, or electronics