The North Face Mica 12

Stuffed Size 18 in x 6 in / 46 cm x 15 cm
Vestibule Area 6 sq ft / 0.55 sq m
Trail Weight 2 lb 12 oz / 1.25 kg
Total Weight 3 lb 2 oz / 1.39 kg

So far I have been really happy with this tent. I…

Design: three season freestanding solo
Ease of Setup: For me I did not need the instructions at all
Price Paid: great price

So far I have been really happy with this tent. I have only slept in it maybe 4 times, but even on the dunes of White Sands it was light and easy to setup.

I am 6'3 215 lbs. and I fit in there absolutely fine. I had a small pack with me a few times and there is so much headroom when laying down that I went ahead and kept the pack inside instead of leaving it covered in the vestibule. I was worried about the headroom and thought I might have to go up to the Hubba or Hubba HP because they do have larger headroom when sitting up, but this one is fine for me.

I have no complaints yet, but I have not been caught out in a storm yet either and that is the only reason I have not given it a 5 star.

It has been good enough that I am taking it on the Colorado Trail next week and I will try to post results after that. If I ever do a solo car camp somewhere and I have a choice between this or an easy 2 man tent and they are both in the car, this is absolutely fine.

I do have 5 tents and another lighter Mountain Hardwear solo tent, but it is too small to sit up in and not freestanding, so I like this one a lot better.

Visit The North Face's Mica 12 page.

As light as a poled bivy, but with the comfort and living space of a tent, this single-person tent is designed to tackle any three-season backpacking adventure. At 86 long and 37.5 tall, this two-poled tent is roomy enough for a tall man to sit up and his change shoes. Try doing that in a bivy.

- The North Face

Hit the trails with The North Face Mica 12 Tent, and you get to spend the night in a comfortable solo shelter complete with lots of room and a sheltered vestibule. At a weight similar to most bivy sacks, this tent keeps you dry under a SilNylon fly and provides a place to store your pack and boots our of the weather. The North Face color coded the poles and added clip attachments for fast pitching to get you under cover quickly.

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Mica 12 - 1 Person Tent (Fall 2010) FEATURES of the Mica 12 - 1 Person Tent by The North Face Overhead pockets Ultralight MicroClip pitch Unique kickstand equipped structure Compatible with triangle gear loft Fully taped nylon bucket floor High-low venting DAC stakes with pull cord Near-vertical door Ingenious Jake's Foot pole Fly attachment PU port on rainfly in.Best Solo Tentin. for 2009 by Backpacker magazine DAC Featherlite NSL poles Easy-to-use Ball Cap clips on brow pole ends Comprehensive color-coded pitch system includes poles, canopy and fly Large vestibule and D door Crystal clear PU window allows weather watching Convenient overhead pockets stow headlamps and fragile items Abundant gear loops Compression stuff sack included Imported SPECIFICATIONS: Fabric: Canopy: 40D 210T nylon ripstop Fly: 40D 238T siliconized nylon with 1500 mm PU coating Floor: 70D 210T nylon taffeta with 5000 mm PU coating Floor Area: 18 ft2 / 1.6 m2 Trail Weight: 2 lbs 12 oz / 1.25 kg Vestibule Area: 6 ft2 / 0.55 m2 Capacity: 1 Person Poles: 2 Poles Diameter: 9.0 mm Stuffed Size: 18in. x 6in. / 46 cm x 15 cm Total Weight: 3 lbs 2 oz / 1.39 kg This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Mica 12 is one really nice solo tent. It is light, well ventilated, easy to set up or take down, and it has plenty of room for the solo trekker or biker. The all mesh body is not only good for air flow but is wonderful for stargazing. Set up and take down is fast and quick with the ultralight micro clip system. The bathtub floor wraps up the side and is just the ticket to keep you snug and dry. The full coverage fly will protect you from the worst weather. And to top it all off it packs down to a nice snug size in its compression sack for easy packing. Sleeps 1 Main fly and floor seams are factory taped for out of the box confidence Siliconized fly is lightweight and keeps you dry DAC FeatherLite NSL aluminum poles are lightweight and reliable New ultralight clip system is lighter and easier to use than conventional clips Freestanding design is stable and easy to set up Bathtub floor wraps up the sides and keeps you dry Jake's Foot - 1 in each corner further stabilizes the tent in windy weather 1 side entry door Large PU crystal clear window in the fly allows light and sight All mesh design is great for ventilation and stargazing Color coded pitch system for fast set up Full coverage fly with multiple venting options keeps you dry and comfortable Overhead pockets and gear loops make organization and stuff stashing easy Post and grommet for easy set up All carry bags and stakes included Compression Stuff sack Import.

- Campmor

The North Face Mica 12

The Mica 12 has been discontinued.

The North Face Mica 12 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 11, 2012 at The North Face.