The North Face Northwind

Impeccable construction, very easy to set up. Some…

Design: four season
Ease of Setup: Excellent
Weight: 6lbs

Impeccable construction, very easy to set up. Some minor drips in heavy rain. I didn't seam seal it (I will be). I have had a couple of trips in it and I am very pleased. The cost is high but so are any of the top quality tents.

Update: September 12, 2001

After posting earlier, things have gone downhill on this tent. After being out in a severe rainstorm the tent leaked very badly. I tested it back at home with a lawn sprinkler and it still leaked so it was not condensation. I did expect some condensation in heavy rain but not running water. The tent is back at North Face and I am waiting for an answer.

The tent was an upgrade from a 4-season Royal camping…

Design: Expedition
Ease of Setup: quick & easy
Weight: 5 lbs
Price Paid: £400

The tent was an upgrade from a 4-season Royal camping Moose-jaw. The tent is fantastic. Was used in the Lake District (Cumbria UK) 3 weeks ago. It rained really hard for 2 days and the tent held up brilliantly. (English weather probably isn't as harsh as where this is made for.)

Very light and comfortable tent. The perfect tent for me.

Can't praise it enough, I love this tent--10/10.

If you've owned or used The North Face Northwind, please share your experience.

The North Face Northwind

The Northwind has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The North Face Northwind is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.