The North Face Outrider 75

Can't remember exactly how much I paid for his pack…

Can't remember exactly how much I paid for his pack as it was a few years ago.. it was about 250-ish

This back is great! It is very Spacious, with zips in all the right places that allow you to access any part of the bag any time!

It's light weight and is very comfortable, it really works great, it makes a 60lb load feel like nothing!

I did see someone say that the water resistant on it is not very good... well this bag was never sold as a waterproof bag.. there was a black one they had at the time that WAS water tight, but not this one. I do winter mountaineering and it's far too cold to rain anyway, I have however left it sitting in the snow for 4 hours and nothing inside got wet at all.

If this bag was waterproof, it would be pretty much the most amazing all round backpack lol..

So far for me, it's been up the highest Colorado mountains and back, in the worst weather and it's held up great.. Very reliable.

I have had it since January 08, and it's still like brand new... and each trip I do is harsh and at least a week long in and on the mountains.

It was good while I had it, but I went to Philmont…

Design: front-loading internal
Size: 300
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 45
Height of Owner: 6' 1"

It was good while I had it, but I went to Philmont New Mexico and did some serious hiking for ten days and it did pretty well but the next year I went to the Grand Canyon to hike and after we hiked back up the x-frame poles shot out the corner of the bag. but it's an alright pack over all.

it really a comfortable pack when I carry heavy load…

it really a comfortable pack when I carry heavy load but the x frame wore in the center of contact after 3 months later. The water resistant is poor. Garterized sternum lock leash broke off when I second used this backpack.

If you've owned or used The North Face Outrider 75, please share your experience.

The North Face Outrider 75

The Outrider 75 has been discontinued.

The North Face Outrider 75 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 28, 2009 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.