The North Face Propel

Max User Height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder Girth 60 in / 152 cm 62 in / 157 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm 60 in / 152 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 97 cm 38 in / 97 cm

I began looking for a small, lightweight bag because…

I began looking for a small, lightweight bag because I was tired of taking my bag rated for 30F and sweating all night long in the summer. My search eventually lead me to the North Face Propel.

Right away I noticed how small it packed and how light it was. As I began to look closer the quality of construction stuck out along with the materials used. Based on what I saw, and the price, I purchased the bag.

My first time sleeping in it I was positive that I was going to be cold (I used it for the first time at the end of May in Northern Minnesota.) I thought for sure that I had made a mistake in taking this bag instead of my 30F. It felt thin and way to light to keep me warm. As I crawled in I noticed how it held in the right amount of heat, if I was Goldie Locks this would be the baby bear's sleeping bag, if you know what I mean.

I woke up the next morning refreshed and still in my bag, whereas with my 30F I would often wake up half way out because I was too hot. All I can say is this is a quality product that you can buy without thinking twice.

Mesh finger wall and back-of-hand construction aids with breathability to prevent overheating. With cushy palm pads and finger reinforcements and a super-soft nose wipe on the thumb. There are strategic palm perforations to enhance comfort and all-over back-of-hand mesh for breathability.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Ride in comfort with the Propel Glove from The North Face. This fingerless padded glove has a mesh back and finger walls for great ventilation and breathability. Cushy palm pads absorb shock and keeps you from getting nasty blisters from white knuckle rides. A soft strip on the thumb makes wiping your nose much less painful.

- Mountain Gear

For extremely weight-sensitive pursuits, the Propel's svelte frame can't be beat. Weighing-in at just over a pound and a half, this ultra lightweight, 40 F bag ideal for fast-and-light pursuits. Filled with Climashield Neo insulation, this revolutionary synthetic insulator is a resilient, dual-density fill that boasts stellar heat-trapping characteristics.

- SunnySports

Weighing in at only 1 lb. 8 oz., the Propel is the lightest synthetic bag The North Face offers.

- EMS

Free Shipping. The North Face Propel 40F Sleeping Bag (Spring 2010) FEATURES of the Propel 40F Degree Sleeping Bag by the North Face Ultralight 15D nylon shell and 20D lining Open hood Third-length zipper Footbox zip venting Draft tube around face opening Heat transfer logos save weight Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls Nylon mesh storage sack and siliconized nylon stuffsack included SPECIFICATIONS for Regular: Temp Rating: 40 F Avg Weight: 1 lb 8 oz (681 g) Stuffsack Size: 7in. x 11in. (19 cm x 28 cm) Fill: Primaloft Infinity Shape: Mummy Fill Weight: 11 oz (320 g) External Length: Men's: 84in. (213 cm) Max User Height: Men's: 72in. (183 cm) Shoulder Circ: Men's: 60in. (152 cm) Hip Circ: Men's: 58in. (147 cm) Foot Circ: Men's: 38in. (97 cm) SPECIFICATIONS for Long: Temp Rating: 40 F Avg Weight: 1 lb 10 oz (741 g) Stuffsack Size: 7in. x 11in. (19 cm x 28 cm) Fill: Primaloft Infinity Shape: Mummy Fill Weight: 12 oz (330 g) External Length: Men's: 90in. (229 cm) Max User Height: Men's: 78in. (298 cm) Shoulder Circ: Men's: 62in. (257 cm) Hip Circ: Men's: 60in. (152 cm) Foot Circ: Men's: 38in. (97 cm) This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Propel

The Propel has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2010 product line.

The North Face Propel is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 5, 2013 at Rocky Mountain Trail.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.