The North Face Reventazo Sandal - Men's

I was looking for a sandal with single-pull strap…

Price Paid: $70 including shipping

I was looking for a sandal with single-pull strap closure, no velcro, waterproof, and good traction. Another model--The North Face Fisher Canyon--fit these needs, fit my narrow foot well and was very comfortable, except the traction wasn't aggressive enough for my needs. When a dog gnawed through the strap of my Fisher Canyons, I decided to try the Reventazo.

One good thing about the Reventazo was that the traction was exactly what I wanted--it didn't slip on any surface I tried. However, I didn't like how I could feel the straps "creaking" as I walked (which certainly never happened with the Fisher Canyon).

Most importantly and unfortunately, nearing the end of an 8-mile walk in my Reventazos through a city on sidewalk I was ready to toss them behind a bush and finish barefoot because I had developed painful blisters on both my achilles where the rear strap rubbed, and also the skin on my heels was very sore.

I don't think even an 8-mile-long walk should result in such discomfort, especially with a $70 sandal from such an otherwise well-reputed brand. In short, the Reventazos are UNCOMFORTABLE.