The North Face Reventazo Sandal

I was looking for a sandal with single-pull strap…

Price Paid: $70 including shipping

I was looking for a sandal with single-pull strap closure, no velcro, waterproof, and good traction. Another model--The North Face Fisher Canyon--fit these needs, fit my narrow foot well and was very comfortable, except the traction wasn't aggressive enough for my needs. When a dog gnawed through the strap of my Fisher Canyons, I decided to try the Reventazo.

One good thing about the Reventazo was that the traction was exactly what I wanted--it didn't slip on any surface I tried. However, I didn't like how I could feel the straps "creaking" as I walked (which certainly never happened with the Fisher Canyon).

Most importantly and unfortunately, nearing the end of an 8-mile walk in my Reventazos through a city on sidewalk I was ready to toss them behind a bush and finish barefoot because I had developed painful blisters on both my achilles where the rear strap rubbed, and also the skin on my heels was very sore.

I don't think even an 8-mile-long walk should result in such discomfort, especially with a $70 sandal from such an otherwise well-reputed brand. In short, the Reventazos are UNCOMFORTABLE.

The North Face Men's Reventazo Sandal

The Men's Reventazo Sandal has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's Reventazo Sandal is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 1, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new sport sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.