The North Face Single-Track Hayasa

A minimal shoe with out-of-the-box comfort, with race…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Kept it)

Summary

A minimal shoe with out-of-the-box comfort, with race day durability.

Pros

• Out-of-the-box comfort
  • Stretchy laces
  • Fits narrow feet

Cons

• Outsole durability
  • Flexibility on the trail

The North Face seeded me a pair of these shoes because we were looking for sponsors for our trail running club. I was thrilled to try a pair of TNF's running shoes because I know how much tech and effort they put into creating them. Although I wasn't over the moon with its performance, I did find it to be adequate in other applications than the trail.

TNF is always really stoked about what kind of technology they are using, and the shoe is branded to death with "snake plate" and "heel cradle" as are most shoes. These techs are pretty neat in theory, but I didn't feel they were incredibly noticeable while running.

The snake plate is made like a winded coil through the midsole of the shoe, absorbing rocks and roots to allow an even strike on the ground. It was alright. I am aware that this is a "minimal" shoe (8m), and I am not a minimalist runner. I found the shoe to be very flexible while on the trail and my feet were not stable. I was always worried that I was going to roll.

The comfort of the shoe is fantastic on flat ground. I have a narrow foot and fitting my long, skinny foot is usually a challenge. This shoe fit like a dream right out of the box. It has some cushion so it rode very well running TO the trail. It is  very breathable as well. On particularly hot, humid days, my feet were not sweaty. Overall, it was a very comfortable shoe to wear.

Trails in the East Coast of Canada are often muddy and wet. There is honestly not a lot of grip on these shoes to begin with, especially under the midfoot. If you are running crusher dust or wood chips — run your heart out. On a muddy trail with some slippery roots, it was not my favorite. The uppers of the shoes fit well and flex well with my foot, but the outsole was ground up after about 12k of single track running.

My favorite part of this shoe was its stretchy laces. The laces sat well, holding my foot and never came untied. Bonus.

This shoe is great for someone who is looking to get into trail running. Maybe not doing a whole lot of single track (which is unfortunate, because that is the NAME of the shoe.) I found after running it 2-3 times a week for a few months, I retired it as my "kickin' around the park" or gym workout shoe.

Personally, I like a shoe with a biiiiit more rigidity on the trail, so this was not the way to go for me. I found it too flexible, and I was disappointed by the outsole's durability. This would be a great race day (road) shoe for someone, as it is light weight and extremely comfortable right away. I would just wondering about its outsole tearing up on asphalt even quicker.

Not a great trail shoe for me, but a great cheap gym shoe ('bout $100) and I would buy another for that purpose.

The North Face Single-Track Hayasa Running Shoes for Women 5.5If you are a lady runner, you will love the North Face Single-Track Hayasa Running Shoes for Women 5.5. These shoes were designed with comfort and performance in mind. The upper features a seamless design with breathable mesh, to prevent the buildup of moisture from sweat. For safety, the shoes have 3M reflective tape on the upper for added visibility at night. For comfort and running safety, they feature the Perforated EVA Northotic footbed, along with CRADLE technology for proper foot positioning during the run. You will also appreciate the added traction from the Tenacious Grip rubber used on the soles of the shoes. If you have been looking for a great pair of women's running shoes, you should look no further than the North Face Single-Track Hayasa Running Shoes for Women 5.5.

- SunnySports

Goldilocks approached the Big Bad Wolf. "Oh my, Goldilocks," the Wolf crooned. "What fast shoes you have on." Goldilocks looked down at her The North Face Women's Single-Track Hayasa II Trail Running Shoes, and responded, "you know it, Granny. I'm outta here." And with that, Goldilocks took off, flying through the woods in her ultralight Hayasa II trail runners. Goldilocks had no concerns about durability, cushioning or support, since the Hayasa II showcases The North Face's Cradle technology and Pebex foam technology. Designed as ultralight and ultra-tough trail runners, the Hayasa II will keep you, and Goldilocks, moving quickly through the woods.

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Women's Single-Track Hayasa Shoe FEATURES of The North Face Women's Single-Track Hayasa Shoe Upper: Lightweight, minimal upper construction TPU-welded support overlays Welded C-Delta metatarsal fit system Bottom: TPU and EVA CRADLE heel-cushioning and stability technology 18 mm/8 mm heel/forefoot heights Single-density, compression-molded EVA midsole Blown rubber forefoot Highabrasion rubber heel Dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole TPU Snake Plate forefoot protection Imported SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Women's Single-Track Hayasa Shoe Last: L\TNF-013 Approx Weight: 1/2 pair: 7.2 oz / 206 g, pair: 14.4 oz / 412 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Single Track Hayasa is a lightweight running shoe with great traction, stability and cushion for going the ultra-distance. Guided by the Japanese word for "speed," The North Face's designers created these ultralight running shoes in collaboration with a world-renowned athlete and TNF ultra-runner, Tsuyoshi Kaburaki. Enabling you to feel the trail closely, these shoes provide comfort, support and protection. A neutral, low-profile midsole allows a natural stride turnover. UPPER: Lightweight, minimal upper construction. TPU-welded support overlays. Welded C-Delta metatarsal fit system. Lightly protective toe cap. BOTTOM: TPU and EVA CRADLE heel cushioning and stability technology. 18 mm/8 mm heel/forefoot. Dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole. Blown rubber forefoot. High-abrasion rubber heel. TPU Snake Plate forefoot protection. Run further, faster and more comfortably in the Single Track Hayasa trail runners from The North Face. Color: High Rise Grey/Ion Blue. Approx Weight Per Pair: 14.4 oz (412 g) (based on Women's 7)

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Run faster on any terrain with a high-performance running shoe designed with an ultralight, seamless upper construction that doesn t sacrifice protection. Cradle Guide technology in the midsole enhances impact control during foot strike and provides a stable platform throughout your stride. Lightweight EVA midsole cushioned with Pebax performs consistently in cold temperatures and offers exceptional rebound for a better energy return. Tenacious Grip outer sole lugs gain traction on both wet and dry surfaces for improved control.

- The North Face