The North Face Slingshot

Weight 1 lb 15 oz / 880 g
Capacity 1830 cu in / 30 L
Dimensions 19 in x 13.5 in x 11 in / 48.5 cm x 34 cm x 28.5 cm
Fabric 600D Polyester, 1200D Polyester

Best day pack ever. Buy it today. I bought my TNF…

Price Paid: $50 (eBay)

Summary

Best day pack ever. Buy it today.

Pros

• 2 large mesh side bottle pockets w/ cord to cinch
  • Full size front pocket w/ organizer
  • durable

Cons

• No sternum strap (I think the new models have them though)

I bought my TNF Slingshot in 2007 and it is still in near perfect condition. I drive a Jeep Wrangler with no top, doors or windows so a bag is necessary to carry everything I have at any given time. So my Slingshot gets used 6-7 days a week...it goes to work with me, it goes to the beach, the gym....everywhere. After 6 years of use there are no rips/tears. The only thing wrong with it is the fact that it has faded in color a little  from the FL sun (which was expected).

Being a 2007 model, I am sure some things have changed about the bag specs but here goes:

• Perfect size for everyday use.
  • Main compartment & front compartment are both full size, so lots of room
  • I always carry water & trail mix, so my bottle pocks are always full and I love the fact there is a cinch cord to pull so they don't fall out.
  • Trampoline/slingshot/bungee is convenient for things you need on the fly or to hold a bicycle helmet
  • I have pimped my bag out with a few extras: I put a mini carabiner on zippers for quick find, I have hooked a sunglass case to the Key FOB to keep sunglasses safe, I hooked a spork to one of the bungee lines so I can eat every day without having to waste a plastic fork/knive/spoon and i also added a tie clip for those in a clutch moments when you need to impress LOL!

I consider this an investment. It has gotten me through 6 awesome years and will last forever if cared for. At this point all it needs is a good cleaning

Great for day hikes or day adventures. 2000 cu.in.

Design: Daypack
Size: 2000Cu In
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: approx 30Lbs
Height of Owner: 5 ' 7

Great for day hikes or day adventures. 2000 cu.in. can fit necessities or extra clothing in main compartment. Front organizer compart. has electronic pocks (cell, mp3), a key FOB and space for maps, etc. I like the dual side H2o pockets b/c they are large and you can actually cinch them so bottles wont fall out. There is also a front trampoline system with a bungee and cinch strap.

I use at the beach, on bike rides, can be used as a school bag for child. I highly recommend.

Visit The North Face's Men's Slingshot page.

The North Face Slingshot DaypackPlan a trip with your friends and family using The North Face Slingshot Daypack. The front bungee pocket-sized provides a great fit to hold a bicycle helmet. Thanks to the FlexVent injection molded shoulder straps on this product, you won't have to feel excessive pressure on your shoulders. The stitched foam back panel provides a relaxed and comfortable fit. You are able to remove the hip belt when not in use. This daypack comes with a large main compartment and a secondary compartment for the finest organization. Use the mesh side pockets for your water bottles. This unique North Face daypack comes with a padded 15 in. laptop sleeve for you to take your laptop during your adventure. Have fun using The North Face Slingshot Daypack on your next adventure.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

From a fat stack of textbooks to your bouldering gear, trust The North Face Slingshot Backpack to keep your daily goods securely stowed. The FlexVent shoulder straps and foam back panel ensure a comfortable carry while a padded sleeve in the main compartment keeps your laptop safe from daily knocks. Plus, the front bungee pocket is specifically designed to stow a bike helmet when not in use.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

A full-featured, 28L daypack from The North Face, the men's Slingshot carries your day in comfort with its FlexVent shoulder straps and comfortable, stitched-foam backpanel. The large main compartment brings a padded laptop sleeve to protect your electronics and a hydration port to keep you cool. Side pockets hold a water bottle. Deploy the removable hipbelt and sternum strap when things get heavy.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

The large main compartment of this on this 28-liter pack features a padded laptop sleeve that will come in handy around town, and hydration port that's ideal for staying refreshed on the trail. The second organization pocket is a handy place to stash pens, granola bars, and smaller items for easy access. Women-specific FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps are designed for your smaller proportions, to keep you standing tall during all-day wear. Hip belt and sternum strap can be removed on weekdays, if you're not on the trail.

- The North Face refers to the men's version