The North Face Slingshot

Weight 1 lb 15 oz / 880 g
Capacity 1830 cu in / 30 L
Dimensions 19 in x 13.5 in x 11 in / 48.5 cm x 34 cm x 28.5 cm
Fabric 600D Polyester, 1200D Polyester

Best day pack ever. Buy it today. I bought my TNF…

Price Paid: $50 (eBay)

Summary

Best day pack ever. Buy it today.

Pros

• 2 large mesh side bottle pockets w/ cord to cinch
  • Full size front pocket w/ organizer
  • durable

Cons

• No sternum strap (I think the new models have them though)

I bought my TNF Slingshot in 2007 and it is still in near perfect condition. I drive a Jeep Wrangler with no top, doors or windows so a bag is necessary to carry everything I have at any given time. So my Slingshot gets used 6-7 days a week...it goes to work with me, it goes to the beach, the gym....everywhere. After 6 years of use there are no rips/tears. The only thing wrong with it is the fact that it has faded in color a little  from the FL sun (which was expected).

Being a 2007 model, I am sure some things have changed about the bag specs but here goes:

• Perfect size for everyday use.
  • Main compartment & front compartment are both full size, so lots of room
  • I always carry water & trail mix, so my bottle pocks are always full and I love the fact there is a cinch cord to pull so they don't fall out.
  • Trampoline/slingshot/bungee is convenient for things you need on the fly or to hold a bicycle helmet
  • I have pimped my bag out with a few extras: I put a mini carabiner on zippers for quick find, I have hooked a sunglass case to the Key FOB to keep sunglasses safe, I hooked a spork to one of the bungee lines so I can eat every day without having to waste a plastic fork/knive/spoon and i also added a tie clip for those in a clutch moments when you need to impress LOL!

I consider this an investment. It has gotten me through 6 awesome years and will last forever if cared for. At this point all it needs is a good cleaning

Great for day hikes or day adventures. 2000 cu.in.

Design: Daypack
Size: 2000Cu In
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: approx 30Lbs
Height of Owner: 5 ' 7

Great for day hikes or day adventures. 2000 cu.in. can fit necessities or extra clothing in main compartment. Front organizer compart. has electronic pocks (cell, mp3), a key FOB and space for maps, etc. I like the dual side H2o pockets b/c they are large and you can actually cinch them so bottles wont fall out. There is also a front trampoline system with a bungee and cinch strap.

I use at the beach, on bike rides, can be used as a school bag for child. I highly recommend.

Visit The North Face's Slingshot page.

The North Face Slingshot DaypackPlan a trip with your friends and family using The North Face Slingshot Daypack. The front bungee pocket-sized provides a great fit to hold a bicycle helmet. Thanks to the FlexVent injection molded shoulder straps on this product, you won't have to feel excessive pressure on your shoulders. The stitched foam back panel provides a relaxed and comfortable fit. You are able to remove the hip belt when not in use. This daypack comes with a large main compartment and a secondary compartment for the finest organization. Use the mesh side pockets for your water bottles. This unique North Face daypack comes with a padded 15 in. laptop sleeve for you to take your laptop during your adventure. Have fun using The North Face Slingshot Daypack on your next adventure.

- SunnySports

Whether it's your mountain biking gear or a fat stack of math books, The North Face Slingshot Backpack keeps your gear securely stowed and ready to go. The FlexVent shoulder straps and foam back panel ensure a comfortable carry while a padded sleeve in the main compartment keeps your laptop safe from daily knocks. A secondary compartment helps keep your essentials organized, and mesh side water bottle pockets offer convenient functionality. The front bungee strap is perfect for holding a bike helmet or rain jacket.

Amply-sized for a day hike, this versatile, 30-liter daypack features two main zip compartments, and a crisscross bungee cord system on the pack's face for added storage. Front bungee pocket sized to hold a bicycle helmet. FlexVent(TM) injection-molded shoulder straps. Comfortable, stitched foam back panel. Removable hipbelt. Large main compartment with padded laptop sleeve and hydration port. Secondary compartment with organization. Mesh side water bottle pockets. Removable sternum strap. Fabric: 600D polyester, 1200D polyester. Laptop Dimensions: 16.5" x 10.5" x 1.75" (42 cm x 26.5 cm x 4.5 cm). Volume: 1700 in3 (28 liters).

- Rocky Mountain Trail

The large main compartment of this on this 28-liter pack features a padded laptop sleeve that will come in handy around town, and hydration port that's ideal for staying refreshed on the trail. The second organization pocket is a handy place to stash pens, granola bars, and smaller items for easy access. Women-specific FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps are designed for your smaller proportions, to keep you standing tall during all-day wear. Hip belt and sternum strap can be removed on weekdays, if you're not on the trail.

- The North Face