The North Face Slingshot
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $50 (eBay)
Best day pack ever. Buy it today.
- 2 large mesh side bottle pockets w/ cord to cinch
- Full size front pocket w/ organizer
- No sternum strap (I think the new models have them though)
I bought my TNF Slingshot in 2007 and it is still in near perfect condition. I drive a Jeep Wrangler with no top, doors or windows so a bag is necessary to carry everything I have at any given time. So my Slingshot gets used 6-7 days a week...it goes to work with me, it goes to the beach, the gym....everywhere. After 6 years of use there are no rips/tears. The only thing wrong with it is the fact that it has faded in color a little from the FL sun (which was expected).
Being a 2007 model, I am sure some things have changed about the bag specs but here goes:
- Perfect size for everyday use.
- Main compartment & front compartment are both full size, so lots of room
- I always carry water & trail mix, so my bottle pocks are always full and I love the fact there is a cinch cord to pull so they don't fall out.
- Trampoline/slingshot/bungee is convenient for things you need on the fly or to hold a bicycle helmet
- I have pimped my bag out with a few extras: I put a mini carabiner on zippers for quick find, I have hooked a sunglass case to the Key FOB to keep sunglasses safe, I hooked a spork to one of the bungee lines so I can eat every day without having to waste a plastic fork/knive/spoon and i also added a tie clip for those in a clutch moments when you need to impress LOL!
I consider this an investment. It has gotten me through 6 awesome years and will last forever if cared for. At this point all it needs is a good cleaning
Size: 2000Cu In
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: approx 30Lbs
Height of Owner: 5 ' 7
Price Paid: $39.99
Great for day hikes or day adventures. 2000 cu.in. can fit necessities or extra clothing in main compartment. Front organizer compart. has electronic pocks (cell, mp3), a key FOB and space for maps, etc. I like the dual side H2o pockets b/c they are large and you can actually cinch them so bottles wont fall out. There is also a front trampoline system with a bungee and cinch strap.
I use at the beach, on bike rides, can be used as a school bag for child. I highly recommend.
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
Amply-sized for a day hike, this versatile, 30-liter daypack features two main zip compartments, and a crisscross bungee cord system on the pack's face for added storage Front trampoline system cord doubles as compression cinch Extra-large, stretch-mesh front pocket expands to fit a basketball, or ski helmet Large main compartment features a padded laptop sleeve (fits most 15" laptops), and a hydration exit port to mate with your own water system
From a fat stack of textbooks to your bouldering gear, trust The North Face Slingshot Backpack to keep your daily goods securely stowed. The FlexVent shoulder straps and foam back panel ensure a comfortable carry while a padded sleeve in the main compartment keeps your laptop safe from daily knocks. Plus, the front bungee pocket is specifically designed to stow a bike helmet when not in use.
A full-featured, 28L daypack from The North Face, the men's Slingshot carries your day in comfort with its FlexVent shoulder straps and comfortable, stitched-foam backpanel. The large main compartment brings a padded laptop sleeve to protect your electronics and a hydration port to keep you cool. Side pockets hold a water bottle. Deploy the removable hipbelt and sternum strap when things get heavy.
- Mountain Gear
Regulate your body temperature after a fast hike or cool-weather run with this striped Polartec 100 Series micro-fleece jacket. Soft, yet durable, this lightweight layer easily transitions through the seasons. The quarter-zip design makes it easy to ventilate this breathable pullover.
- The North Face