Very comfortable, waterproof, and warm as toast! My…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $140
Very comfortable, waterproof, and warm as toast!
- Great fit
- Good cushioning
- Awesome looks
- Hooks for laces are sharp...
My old Danner boots were still OK, but it was getting to be a ritual waterproofing them all the time. They were warm, but the warmth came from just the socks. I ride bike all winter here in ND and needed a warm boot, but wanted more than just warmth. So it was time to upgrade and so the search was on.
My criteria was:
- One....it had to fit good. I usually use a size twelve and found that it runs a little small so I got the 12.5. It is really hard to find a company that does half sizes above size 12 and I usually end up with either too tight or too loose. And they not only fit but they are insanely comfortable and you could walk a long ways in these. Not a hard heel, but great cushioning and I amazed at how they are for walking on hard surfaces.
- Two...it had to be waterproof. These things will be great in that respect as there is a lot of rubber built into them and they also have a HydroSeal membrane. No snow will get these wet.
- Three...it had to be warm. This boot is rated for minus forty degrees and I believe that it will be. I have already had it in 6 degree weather, and it was almost too warm.
- Four...it needed to as light as possible. These are really lightweight, at least compared to what I have had. The 12.5 size comes in at 666 grams. Not bad for a pair of boats.
I like the looks of these, and find that they are very supportive. I had foot surgery and my right ankle is still very swollen, but I can still get into these just fine.
One neat feature is a ring that holds your gators in place. You don't need to layer socks with these as they work without that, and so the fit is more consistent. I could not wear thicker socks with my Danners or they would be too tight. The hooks for the laces are sharp and I may cut through a few laces, but I plan on getting leather laces anyway.