The North Face Storm Summit Boot

I bought my first pair of these boots in the fall…

Price Paid: $140 I think

I bought my first pair of these boots in the fall of 2008 I believe. I wanted something warm, durable and most of all waterproof. I settled on these at $140 I believe.

After only a couple uses you will find out the hard way that they aren't waterproof. My new dog had gotten a hold of them and made a couple teeth marks on them so I figured maybe that was it. I sent it back to North Face and they sent me a new pair, (very positive experience) of the newer year's model. Turns out it wasn't the dog, they all leak.

With that said they are still my everyday winter boot for trekking to work or walking the dog, but if I plan to be out an extended period, if I know its wet out or I'm winter camping these boots don't cut it.

They are however extremly comfortable so they've been allowed to stay! If you are looking for a winter boot I would look else where.

When the outside world gets blanketed in a thick coat of snow and ice, The North Face Men's Storm Summit Boot comes out of hiding to take on any wet, cold terrain that you can throw its way. PrimaLoft ECO insulation handles the plummeting temps, and a tough softshell upper with a HydroSeal waterproof breathable membrane guarantees dry feet. The North Face also tricked out the boot with a snowshoe heel edge and a WinterGrip outsole with temperature-sensitive Ice Pick lugs that bite down on any slick, icy terrain.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

When snow slashes sideways across the sky and a white wasteland crunches beneath your feet, you ll want this all-purpose boot to be laced-up on your dogs. True to its name, the Storm Summit Boot withstands foul weather and grips to the worst, slickest surfaces thanks to a waterproof HydroSeal membrane and Winter Grip and Ice Pick technologies that bite into anything. Lightweight PrimaLoft Eco insulation keeps feet warm during prolonged exposure.

- The North Face refers to the men's version

True to its name, The North Face Insulated Storm Summit Boot for Men is an all-purpose boot built to withstand foul weather and to grip on the worst surfaces, with highly efficient PrimaLoft Eco insulation and waterproof protection.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

The North Face Storm Summit Boot

The Storm Summit Boot has been discontinued.

The North Face Storm Summit Boot is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 25, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.