The North Face Storm Summit Boot

I bought my first pair of these boots in the fall…

Price Paid: $140 I think

I bought my first pair of these boots in the fall of 2008 I believe. I wanted something warm, durable and most of all waterproof. I settled on these at $140 I believe.

After only a couple uses you will find out the hard way that they aren't waterproof. My new dog had gotten a hold of them and made a couple teeth marks on them so I figured maybe that was it. I sent it back to North Face and they sent me a new pair, (very positive experience) of the newer year's model. Turns out it wasn't the dog, they all leak.

With that said they are still my everyday winter boot for trekking to work or walking the dog, but if I plan to be out an extended period, if I know its wet out or I'm winter camping these boots don't cut it.

They are however extremly comfortable so they've been allowed to stay! If you are looking for a winter boot I would look else where.

The North Face Men's Storm Summit Boot

The Men's Storm Summit Boot has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's Storm Summit Boot is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 6, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.